Monday, August 17, 2009

Detroit Zoo

A few weekend ago ( I know, I am a bit behind), we went to Detroit to visit Uncle Jared and Aunt Kate. I have to say a special thanks to Kelley for getting us a GREAT deal at the Hyatt for the weekend and an extra special thanks to Aunt Kate and Uncle Jared for showing us a rockin' good time and for all the help with the crazies!!!
We met at Leo's for breakfast and headed to the zoo. If you are ever looking for a good zoo to go to, I would recommend the Detroit Zoo. There is a lot to see and do...BUT have you walking shoes on and lots of time. By far, Isaac had the best time...he is such an animal lover. His favorite by far was the frogs and snakes. Wouldn't you know it, I don't have any pictures of that. Must be I HATE snakes.

Here are a few of the many pictures of the zoo...





In the butterfly house. It was so GREAT to have 4 extra hands!!! Jimmy and I actually got a little break and can I say...enjoyed ourselves!!!



I saw this look a lot!! Someone was always carrying someone...well not everyone:)! I could have used a ride!!!


There is a gorilla in the background. Kind of hard to see.





Alli wiggling her teeth.




The crazies with Uncle Jared and Aunt Kate.






James with the weight of the world on his shoulders:)!







Seals showing off.








Coolest thing...polar bears. It makes me very sad to think that they could become extinct in my children's life time. Oh the things you learn from the movie Earth...I also learned that my kids are horrible at the movies and that they might die from starvation and thirst in a matter of 88 minutes!!!!










The kids being prairie dogs.

Ash doing what we ALL wanted to be doing!!


Allison and Aunt Kate



Again, Isaac on Jimmy's shoulders.











Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! Great pictures of course! That movie Earth...I think I may have seen that..can't remember though!!

Lea said...

Great pics!! That's still something on our list of things to do before winter. We have YET to take the boys to a zoo! (Yes - bad parents!) ha!

hien k. d. said...

love your pics, Kristin! :) i like the Detroit Zoo, too. looks like you guys had so much fun!

Stefanie said...

what fun! looks like a fun zoo! great pics :)

Shelly said...

awesome pics Kristin, I will have to try and talk John into taking my kids there we all know how he loves the zoo lol. Looks like a pretty neat place.

jennie said...

If Ali doesnt leave her teeth alone, Corky will have to pre-chew everything for her! Adorable pics. I see you were in about as many shots as I was on my vacation.I'm about to get Jason his own camera and force him to carry it.

Jodi said...

I say it's always better to be a prairie dog than to be prairie doggin'!!