Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Life...

You take the good, you take the bad, you take them both and there you have the facts of life, the facts of life...

My FAVORITE show growing up (on a side note, waiting patiently for the "older" seasons to come out on DVD and watch them with my girls, LOVED that show!), The Facts Of Life. There was just something about that show I really liked.

The theme song seems to be playing in my head a lot lately. It really is true of my everyday life. You do have to take the good with the bad...I am very blessed that I have no "major" bad, just things that make me a little sad like the kids starting school again. I always get emotional this time of year. It is like time slaps me right in the face. The kids act older, look older...ARE older. It makes me feel like I missed my opportunity to "be the mom". I am always the mom, but the older I get the further away them seem and I like to give myself a VERY hard time about working and not staying home. I like to stress about things I can not change. It is great fun.

At the request of my lovely sister, Jodi, I am going to start my blog again. I am going to take the good, the bad and the ugly of my life and treasure it for what it is...MINE, all mine!!

Here we go...

6 comments:

jennie said...

Welcome back. I'm going to give it a try again too. I know things are never going to slow down, so I just have to do my best to keep up.

Lighten up on yourself, girl. You are doing a great job:)

Mandy said...

I am joining this pact today! I need to start back up again. On the other hand, Kristin you are doing a great job being a mom! No worries Mama T, hang in there!!! Welcome back!!

Jodi said...

{glad to hear you are all blogging again}

kris, be good to yourself. don't drive yourself crazy. all will be fine.

Kirsten said...

Here's to blogging! I recently got back into it too!

I know how you feel about school starting...makes my heart heavy every year. Doesn't get easier. Wish it would!

Don't be so hard on yourself - you're a great mom!

Anonymous said...

Kristin, your kids are great and you are a terrific mom!! Glad you're blogging again. I am trying too!

Anonymous said...

um, anonymous is me, Janine.......that was an oops!