Thursday, December 2, 2010

For you Jennie

I do not have a picture for today's post and it is going to be short and sweet!!

I was having coffee with my friend Jennie yesterday and she was talking her December daily and committing to writing something everyday for the month of December. I am hoping that it makes me take the time to breath and enjoy every moment of the great season. I love Christmas and everything about it. I start early just to enjoy the moments, but this year like EVERY year, things are spinning out of control. The basement is not done, the house is not decorated, I have no place to put presents (so I can not wrap them or hide them). Life is just a little crazy, but it would not be Camp Chaos without a little crazy.

So anyway, yesterday was the first day of December, the first day of enjoying the season. WE DID NOTHING!!! We did not even open our advent drawer. Not a good start!! OK, let me see if I can put a positive spin on this. We had our first snowfall of the season, well, the first snow that actually stayed. Very pretty. Very Christmas like. I did buy ornament holders to put the bulbs on the tree (yes, the tree that has been up for 5 days without any ornaments!). Allison skipped ballet to go to Muskegon so I could buy snow pants and boots for the kids. All three grew again this year, imagine that:)!!!

So that is what I did...I purchased the hangers for the tree and prevented illness on Christmas. All in all a successful start!!!!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

i appreciate you preventing illness for christmas...way to think ahead!

lucky for me, i found an old pair of pants, 2 pair of boots and some not so warm magic gloves for kyle in the basement...and keith was able to get kyle to wear his second purchased hat of the year without crying. all in all, a positive for me too! ☺

jennie said...

yah! so happy we are doing this!
Totally had to go get Teagen snow pants when we discovered all we had were size 7/8, and we all know that wont work...