Friday, December 21, 2007

Preschool Christmas Party

I have never been so proud of the kids. They did such a great job and sang so loud. Other parents even commented on how well the kids did. I love these "moments" of being a mom. I get so caught up in the day to day life, I sometimes (ok, a lot of the time) forget to take a moment and just love that moment. I think raising kids is a lot like your wedding day. You take months of planning (and LOTS OF MONEY) to plan this "perfect" day and then poof it is over. If you are lucky you may have some faint memories of the long planned out day. I spend so much time "planning" ( I use this word very lightly...as I am not a planner!) my day that at the end of the day I am not sure what happened. Did I even enjoy the day? Did I tell the kids that I love them? Did they do something so little that I took for granted, but really was a huge deal to them? I always have so many things going on. I need to figure out a way to take a breath and just enjoy them. I have been reading a blog of a lady that is very inspirational to me. She lost a daughter several years ago and makes it a point every day to love her kids and make the most of EVERYTHING because tomorrow might not be. I am trying hard to follow this advise. We will see how long it lasts!!!

No comments: