Friday, February 8, 2008

Flowers and Coke


My husband was kind and loving enough to come home from work a little early (5:30) on Wednesday and brought me 12 yellow roses, COKE, and dinner. What a guy?!?!? I am still trying to figure out why. He was sweet the whole night and even painted my bedroom for me (I got a little behind. I had to take Alli to the emergency room. Bladder infection! Normally, they get you in and out in less than an hour, not this time 3 hours later and we were home.) The bedroom needing to be painted is another story in itself...totally Kristin!
Our bed is starting to fall apart. We both decided that it was time for a new one and Art Van was having 3 years same as cash-love it! We went there and found a bed, WAY MORE THAN THE LAST TIME WE BOUGHT A BED!!! We decided why not just go all the way and buy a king size bed. We have children that love to cuddle in the morning and I think a dog that will end up in our bed. Currently, we are holding strong, but I know the day is coming!! Anyway, we bought the bed and have no sheets or blankets for this bed. Keep in mind, I just got a brand new set for Christmas! Which leads Kristin to want to "redo" the whole room. It's Evvie in me!!! Now, we have a newly painted room, new bed, sheets, comforter, and of course new throw pillows. It is going to look so nice. Our room was an eggplant color before, not the most manly or ideal in a room with a little window. Now
it is a very light shade of sage green. I mean light! I am a color girl and when I opened the can of paint, I asked Jimmy if they forgot to add the color...it was that light!!! I will post a photo when it is all put together and we stop sleeping in our familyroom. Jimmy did a really nice job picking out the colors. I am really into blue and dark brown right now. He would not let me do ANOTHER room in these colors so we compromised with the light sage and brown. At least I got the brown. So my favorite color...currently!!!!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Janine said...

boy, are you spoiled!
Doug didn't do one lick of the painting in our new room!
I did it all 2 coats on ceiling; 2 coats on the walls, and primer and then 2 coats of paint on all the trim! It took me 2 weeks!!!!!
I am so jealous. :(

jennie said...

So sweet! Love the photo too. And umm, how did you guys manage to break a bed in less than 8 years of marriage? ;)

Kate said...

Can't wait to see the new room.

Be careful. J and I managed to break an Art Van new king sized bed in 8 days. 8 weeks later we are still waiting for the new rails.

And yes, I said 8 days.

Your very jealous SIL will now go back to prepping the guest room to paint all by myself.

BTW, did you get my emails about the twins birthdays? I have sent a few lately that haven't been answered.

Shelly said...

what a sweet gesture, I never get flowers just for the heck of it....