Thursday, May 28, 2009

I love 6 year olds!!

I have said it before and I will say it again...I love my kids. I love them all for different reasons...mostly for just being themselves. Allison loves to draw and write. Her most prized possession is her journal. She has been driving me crazy with the ever famous line "How do you spell...". Mrs. Johnson told her that it was OK not to be perfect (with her spelling...Allison and her crazy ways...takes one to know one I guess:)!) just to sound out the words. That has led to LOTS of writing! She even wrote a story about a princess saving the kingdom. I LOVED the fact that the princess saved the kingdom, not the prince!!

Anyway, yesterday I am cleaning off the table and see that she had written out her letters and numbers...again! Of course her crazy tendencies had to kick in and she had to write name (literally!) and added a new twist...her middle name...I LOVE how she sounded it out.




Jimmy then tells me to go look at their doors. Come to find out, Allison made hers first and Isaac wanted one too. He told me that he "hired her to make him a sign because he didn't know how to spell the words". Little does he know, she doesn't either!!! He did add the stickers himself:)! Way to make it your own, Isaac!!!


Yes, that is a picture of Ashley and Allison. I have no idea why these things made me so happy, they just did. I think maybe because I have been in such a bad mood about things I can not change...so why be mad. I have so much GREAT things in my life that I need to spend my time thinking about that and enjoying this phase with my kids. It won't be like this for long!!!!
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Mandy said...

This is some wonderful stuff! She has put a lot of hard work into her artwork! You should be very proud! Things will get better for you, and until then just enjoy those little ones!

jennie said...

Holy Cute!!!

Maybe you should change her middle name. I kinda like it spelled that way...

hien k. d. said...

love it, Kristin! :) so cute!

The Lallo Family said...

Really puts things in perspective to see how great our kids are! :)

Lea said...

Ok..I have to admit..it took me twice before I understood what Allison wrote on the doors. It's just TOO adorable and something they will both laugh at in a few years!!

Christina said...

OMG! that's too precious! Makes you just want to eat them up! Hugs! C

Stefanie said...

Very sweet. What great memories!

Shelly said...

I love it, the girl is just like a mini Kenzie

Jodi said...

you don't know why you love it? of course you do. you are so proud for the children they are becoming. this all reminds me so much of Andrew. it melts my heart♥