Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Happiness for $1.00

 


I could not let this moment go by with out a big thank you (once again!) to my mom and dad...in more way than one! My parents took the crazy kids to a "picnic/party" at a park for work. Yes, my mom braved the three kids in public again! In case you were wondering, Jodi's kids were at Barothy with Keith's family. Anyway, my parents take the kids to the park, Jimmy and I have a WONDERFUL time "look" shopping. That is when you actually get the time to look around and SEE things. It was actually kind of funny, Jimmy asked what we were going to do for a few hours. I suggested that we lay around the pool and do nothing. He said he would get bored and then said "Let's go to Lowes and just look around." How sad!!! We did that for about 35 minutes and were bored...imagine that...not chasing crazy kids around, we had nothing to do! So we went school shopping and out to dinner.

Back to the kids...my parents have them at the park. I guess Whitehall Fire Department was there and sprayed this foam stuff on top of pennies and let the kids pick up what they could and keep them. Afterwards, they got hosed off. Kids are still talking about this and carrying their pennies around. What they talk about even more is playing the "bean bag game". For the story I got, they had a bean bad game (were you throw the bean bag, land in on a square and you get a prize). Long story short, no one told them the rules, they threw their bean bags, not landing on a square, went to get their prize and were told they could not get one because they did not land on a square. Of course, Alli started to cry. That is when my mom stepped up to being a GREAT grandma. She went to the dollar store and bought several "prizes" for them. Came home and had a "bean bag game" in the front yard and EVERYONE won!!! I know, this in not a big deal, but to three little kids, this is HUGE!!! The best part is when Isaac told me that Grandma didn't have bean bags "so they threw teddy bears!" Everything about this day makes my heart smile!!!

Happiness is not $1.00, it is free...especially when you are so loved by your grandparents!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

What a Great grandma! These are the memories you and your children will forever cherish.