Friday, August 15, 2008

What Was I Thinking????

Have you ever had one of those moments? I know I have said it before and I will say it again...I have issues. Imagine that:)!!! I have issues about being a good mom and wife (ok, these two are the MAJOR issues) and of course, issues with control (again, leading back to being a mom), and so many more that I would prefer not to go there. Which is why I decided to "take control" over some of my issues. I may not be able to "control" my kids going to school. I know they will love it and do well, it is just hard to think about some (most) of the time!

So I decided to take control over my body. I am SO NOT A FAN of my thighs and butt. I would LOVE for them to go away, but I was doing nothing about it. I wasn't exercising and certainly was not eating good, so I really did not have a leg to stand on. I got a really good exercise video using a k-bell and felt like I was making progress. After just over 2 weeks of doing it daily I gained 5 pounds. What is this? I even somewhat (not great, but better) changed my eating. Who gains weight when they are working at losing it????

So why not "fix" my hair????? I am not a fan of it blonde. It matches my skin to much, but I hate to pay to have it darker just to lighten in the pool and sun. Well, summer is about over and I needed a change...so now it's black. Ok, it is not black, but WOW...it's DARK!!! I like to color (if I cover my face...it's just I can't cover my face!!!) it is just WAY DIFFERENT. Jimmy has always been good about me changing my haircolor/cut. I have had it long, short, bangs, no bangs, blonde, brown, red, sometimes all colors at once. It is just hair!!! BUT...when you have to come home to three kids and their opinion...that changes things. I walked in to them asking me why I colored my hair black? Not what I needed to hear. By time we got in the car, Isaac said "When Dad gets home he is going to give you kisses because you are beautiful!" Ok, he is so my favorite!!!!! Alli was sad because her and I "don't have the same color hair (and her and her dad have the say color eyes...we hear this all the time!)." Ash looked at me and said "I don't think I like it!" Typical!!! By this morning she came around a little...now it is my turn. Again, what was I thinking???????

6 comments:

Jodi said...

DORK!! First of all, you have to keep your butt and thighs. You would look mighty silly with your knees attached to your waist! How would you sit? Second, Kettle Bells ROCK! Some bodies just need an adjustment period. Who knows...maybe you'll lose a ton all of a sudden. hang in there. You are doing your body good. Third, your hair is NOT black and I think it looks GREAT!! Everyone has an opinion, and it won't always be favorable, but what does Alli know? Isaac thought you were beautiful before and he thinks you're beautiful now. He's the one to pay attention to. It IS different. Different ISN"T bad! You can always pull it off. I envy you. I LOVE IT!!

JT said...

Where's the picture?!?! Think of it this way, you gained 5 lbs. of muscle toning those thighs and buns! That's what Patrick would say and you know he's all about working out and eating good so I'm sure that's what it is : )

Mandy said...

I am sure you like just a beautiful as ever! I give you so much credit for doing change. I always want something different, but am always scared to do something different! So I envy that you can pull off all the different hair colors (not everyone can do this), and all the different styles! To me your hair always looks GREAT!!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

okay I wrote a novel and gave you my two cents...
check your email!!!
you are one silly girl... are you just trying to experiment with hair color so you will have something the girls can learn from when they are older?
You went darker....a few years ago I went *several* shades lighter.
Yup. Mistake. felt just the same way you do/did..
Now, I just stick with what God gave me (and I swear I just found a gray hair so I might have to do "something")
and, did you know that your weight can fluctuate 4-8 pounds in 24 hours? Don't take it all so seriously... do what makes you feel good and stay a healthy mommy and wife!

jennie said...

My dear sweet friend. What are we gonna do with you? I have seen your hair in most of the styles/colors you listed and you REALLY can pull off anything. Your whole incredible eyes/smile combo give you a lot of options.

And obviously most of us have areas of our bodies we want to change, keep at what you are doing.Some people have to gain at first and then they lose a lot! ( trust me, I've seen it all at the clubs I've worked at).
I'm a little pissed that you write about your hair with no photo! Come on...throw me a bone here! ;)

Janine said...

Ok, my turn.....come over here so I can smack you!!!
I have always envied your figure, you have one of the cutest figures I have ever seen.
You have a totally cute butt! Yes, I have looked, so sue me.
You are a major DORK.