Thursday, December 9, 2010

school...


Today I got to help in the school Christmas store. It was wonderful!!! It always is. The kids are so full of the Christmas spirit. They have just a few dollars and want to find just the right present for their family. It makes me appreciate what I have. There is always a few kids that do not have enough money to buy that "special" present that I just tell them they do. I just makes me sad that these kids care so much, I guess sad is not the right word...
If you ever get a chance to do it, I would recommend it; especially little ones.

In the Allli and Isaac's class, they are learning about different Christmas traditions around the world. It is amazing all the different things that last for weeks and weeks. Yesterday, they celebrated traditions of France. I had to bring in chocolate cake. The tradition goes something to the effect of they have a big party and serve the cake one person's cake will have a bean in it. The person with the bean in his cake is declared the king of the party. For the record, if a girl has the bean, she is still the king, not the queen. anyway, Isaac got the bean and was the KING OF THE PARTY!!! He was so excited. He left his classroom and found me in the school store just to tell me/show me! Love that little boy!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

King Of The World...{or party} love it! Your story {the one you told me, not the condensed version on here} was so sad. you are so nice to "help" the littles "afford" their gifts. you definitely made their christmas!

Kirsten said...

You are such a good person - to have that compassion that just "lets" the kids fulfill their vision...it's amazing! I miss the days at Shoreline. Enjoyo it - it goes by waaaayyyy to fast!