Monday, September 24, 2007

Strange Sense of Pride


Once again, my children have brought a smile to my face. All of them, in one day, imagine that!!! Alli started my day on the right foot when I heard her reasoning with her brother. Isaac wanted to "make sparks" in his room, she told him he couldn't, he proceeded to tell her he was the dad and he could make sparks. Her reply, without missing a beat, "Well, I am the mom and what I say goes, so no Isaac, you can not make sparks!" I felt a strange sense of pride! Isaac made me smile at church just an hour later. Church was almost over, we were getting ready for offering, you know, that brief moment of silence when the people are walking up to pass out the offering plates, that is when my son looked at his father and asked "Dad is it half time?" This time, his father got to feel the strange sense of pride and everyone else just got to laugh!!! The day could not be complete without Ashley making us proud, as well. Her moment came later in the day when her favorite person in the whole world came over to visit, Kyle Stark. She decided to declare her love for him. She went right up to him and said, "KyleStarks (one word) you are my boyfriend." He was not as receptive and said "No, I am not." Her response, "Yes you are, I loves you, you my boyfriend!" Uncle Keith and I both got to feel the pride of this one. You always hear that kids say the darndest things and it is so true. I hope they never stop making me smile!!!

No comments: