Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Carving Pumpkins





We had a fabulous time cutting pumpkins. The "red headed" ones thought it was great to get their hands in there and take out the seeds. Alli did not feel the same way. She preferred the spoon method! Ashley washed her hands at least 6 times during the process. She would just get up and say she needed to wash her hands, but would come right back out and clean some more. The kids did a little carving this year. I had them draw out the face they wanted and Jimmy and I cut them out. I love holiday traditions! It is so much fun just to sit back and watch them do such a "simple" task as cleaning pumpkins and know that this is what great memories are made of. Jimmy and I bought a book of designs and used that. His bat turned out pretty cool, but I have to admit, I think mine is cooler! Isaac especially loved the two faces. Happy Carving!

No comments: