Friday, October 26, 2007

Sometimes...




Sometimes, I forget to appreciate the "small" things in life. Like the trees changing color...I expect it...I know it will happen. I forget to realize the true miracle it really is. It is like God's coloring book. I also forget to realize how lucky I am to have the three miracles that make my life go round. Scratch that, four miracles. We have our trying days of craziness, but what would my life be without them? It scares me to even think of such things. It is kind of like the trees changing colors...I expect them to be there, driving me crazy...I know it will happen. If I just took a moment to realize what a fabulous thing I have here. God gave me Camp Chaos!!! Not anybody else, just me. So today, I appreciate Jimmy for loving me, his children, his job and of course his race car. I love that he gets me. He can fire me up faster than anyone in this world, but he is always in my corner cheering me on and more importantly, calming me down. Today, I also appreciate the rest of Camp Chaos. Everyday they call me Mommy I love them a little more. To know all of the crap we went through to have one...in the end to have three...how blessed I really am. I love how Ashley is the missing link in making Alli and Isaac look alike. I love all three of them are independent thinkers and are not afraid to be themselves. I especially love that they still believe that I can fix anything. Yes, sometimes I wish for a little peace and quiet, but you know what...Camp Peace and Quiet just doesn't have the same ring as Camp Chaos (thanks Dirk for coining the phrase...we love Dirky Chicken!)!

2 comments:

jennie said...

Isn't it funny how things just work out the way they are supposed to? Grady is our missing link too. And thank God for good husbands and marriages! We are starting to see couples fall apart that were married around the same time as us. Thanks for the reminder to count our blessings. Its been a rough week over here so I needed reminding! concider yourself stalked as well!

Shelly said...

Very well written we all need these little reminders, the pictures are beautiful. You have a wonderful family Kristin, you and Jimmy are very blessed to have each other and your kids. I am so thankful that I get to share in all the joys of your kids, Isaac, Alli & Ash bring something very special to my life as well. Thank you for that!