Thursday, January 10, 2008

Mother Of Pearl


As many of you know, I am trying to like my dog, Brady, He really is a good dog, but very time consuming. Time is something I do not have a lot of. The three (FOUR) children I currently have pretty much consume my day. To throw a dog in the mix who needs A LOT of ATTENTION tends to be a little trying at times. I wanted to find him a new-better-home home, but was vetoed by the family. Poor Alli prays everyday that "Mom lets me keep Brady and doesn't make him run away". Nothing like making me feel like a horrible mom!!! I just purchased a bunch of Golden books...how to relate, train, understand (etc) books that hopefully help us bond. My mom said that getting a dog in the winter is ideal, they go outside and do there business and come back in...they don't want to be cold. I have to say that on most accounts, my mom is correct, but on this one she way off! I am stuck with this dog in my house ALL THE TIME!!! I feel bad having him outside for too long. Thus, I have to watch him like a hawk in the house. It gets old very fast!!!
Yesterday was such a great January day. We played outside, cleaned up Christmas decorations, rode bikes, swung (is that the right tense) on swings, and most importantly...played
OUTSIDE WITH BRADY!!! He chased the kids on their four wheeler, played catch, got hit on the head a few times by the swings, and his favorite...tackled the kids. The kids thought it was great. That is until he tackled Alli without her being ready. Funniest thing I had seen in a while. He just ran full steam ahead knocked her right to her knees. She was laughing the whole time...I promise!!! That is until she got up and saw her knees. Out of her mouth in a very stern and angry way comes "Oh, mother of pearl, you got my knees all dirty!!!" Mother of pearl??? Normally, I know where her "catch phrases" come from...yours truly, but this one, no idea!!! She just marched in the house, took them off and put on her pj's.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: