Monday, January 28, 2008

Two Heads are Better Than One


OK, if it is true what they say about two heads being better than one, then what happened here :)? I walked in the girls room and kept smelling this odor that needed to go, but first, needed to be found. Upon further inspection, moving Ashley bed, I found quite a bit of food and sippy cups. The girl is very afraid that one day we may stop feeding her...so she stockpiles!! Anyway, my mom in me (no, not the "mother" in me, but the "Evva in me") decided the only way to really clean is to rearrange. I love hardwood floors...it makes moving large dressers and bunk beds a snap. I knew I had limited time to move everything. Jimmy was out in the garage working and I had to have it "completed" by the time he came back in. He does not share my need for change/reaarangement. After eight years however, he is learning to accept it. After I finished with the girls room, Isaac informed me that he wanted his room rearranged also. I told him he was limited, but he quickly responed with where he would like his bed, his cubbies, and his chair. He even informed me where the pictures on the wall should go. How could I not move the stuff???? He is his MOTHER/GRANDMOTHER!!!
OK, back to the picture. The kids sat in there "new" rooms and actually played and PUT STUFF AWAY! For the record, this lasted exactly one day!! Isaac was very excited about being able to see out his windows and wanted to lay in bed and listen to my mp3. They actaully just laid there, sharing the headphones, getting along. What is that? They even let Ash up there with them. Of course, they could not share the headphones. That would be asking WAY to much. Baby steps!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Too Cute. Oh and I think every mom has that need to rearrange. I drive my husband nuts with it. Especially when I'm pregnant and have that nesting thing going on. Crazy stuff.

kgehle said...

Putting stuff away?!?!?! I think I would rearrange EVERY day if it meant my kids picked up after themselves!!! The pictures are so cute!

Shelly said...

these pictures crack me up, typical Alli & Isaac looks. Love it way to cute...

Jodi said...

Are those bullet holes on either side of Isaac's head?? 'Just thought he was doing a little target practice!!

jennie said...

I think those kinda of photos are going to be classic of this generation. My kids are alway sharing the ipod earbuds. And today Grady actually put them in his ears and was bopping around! A little different from the boom boxes of our generation or the giant sony walkman.
BTW-I never move furniture around. Whats wrong with me? Will you come rearrange my house? Don't judge the dust bunnies.

norma said...

I also want to know what those holes are on both sides of Isaac's head!