Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Dog Days of Summer


While Jimmy was gone last week in New York, the kids and I decided to have a "sleep over". It was the first Wednesday this summer that we have not had anything to do so I let them stay up "late" and sleep on the floor. This worked out SO TO MY ADVANTAGE!!!! They were very good (excited! afraid if they were naughty I would make them go to their bed), fell asleep before 9:00 pm (I guess it is not as much not fighting with me about how late you can stay up), slept all night (close to me so I didn't have to worry about them), and still a week later talk about their "sleep over". Sometimes, I have this "mom thing" down. :)! It is moments like this that I love being a mom and see a slight glimmer of hope that I might not be "damaging" them to bad. I have to say, I think they look to cute (even Brady) sleeping in a "bunch" together.
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

JT said...

How fun! And "damaging" your children, please... you're a great mom! : )

Jodi said...

The picture should be your new header...it looks a little like CC! I saw this and remembered I had a similar pic of them plus the other twin and the big ones from Father's Day. These are the kinds of things your children will remember...be sure to let it happen often. :)

jennie said...

Shut up....damaging...where would they be without you?
I love how kids suprise us with their delight over such small stuff. I think we'll try the sleepover too!

Janine said...

Ok, first of all, you are nuts.
You are an awesome mother.
But on the other hand, it makes me feel good that I am not the only one who has these crazy thoughts!
Guess we're both nuts!!!!
It's from the kids that we are damaging!!!! LOL!