Monday, June 23, 2008

MIS

Ok, better late than never. As you know, we made it home with out anything "eventful" happening. This is a good thing. Last year, in the 100+ degree heat, the motorhome decided to break down on the highway. This year, I held my breath, all was well. It was so a lot cooler with some rain, but still a really good time. It rained Thursday and most of the day Friday. It didn't stop us die hards. We stood in line for our all access garage passes. It was the first time they ever offered this. You got to go down into the garage and meet the truck drivers. Very cool!! To bad, we had to stand in the rain for 3 hours waiting for the tickets, just to tell us that we had 1 hour in the garage. Oh well. What else did we have to do on a Friday morning on vacation, but set our alarms and stand in the cold rain? I did get a cool sweatshirt out of the deal. I was like a little kid, "Jimmy, I am cold! Jimmy, I bored! Jimmy, how much longer?" :)!




In the end, they handed out 500 of these passes. Let me tell you, we were number 334 and 335 and there were WAY MORE than 165 people behind us in line. I really think they should have had somebody out there telling them that they were waisting their time standing in the cold rain for tickets they were not going to get.
Do you notice how I keep saying COLD and RAIN??????






Here is a picture of us doing what we were really good at...waiting in line! This time waiting in line to get into the garage to see the drivers.




A picture of Jimmy's favorite driver...the onion...j/k. This was one picture Jimmy did not want taken. I thought it would be fitting to use it on my blog. Love ya James!!!





One last photo, not sure who this guy is, but it was taken at 10 am. Yes, the man is passed out...and if you notice, he still has the can of beer in his hand. Yes, 10 in the morning!!!!


Oh, one more thing. If you are reading this Rusty and Bobbi Jo (sorry, I did not get a picture of us!), thank you so much for a great time...as always. See you same time same place next year. It just would not be the same without the two of you!!!

Thanks Aunt Norma for taking us to dinner too and the strawberries!

No comments: