Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas Parties


I had the first (on many) ultimate decisions to make with my children yesterday. I had to decide which Christmas party I was going to attend. I new this day would happen eventually, but I really thought I had a few years. I, reluctantly, chose Allison and Isaac. There was more involved in their party (more than what Jimmy wanted to do or had time to do). Luck for me, I have a wonderful husband who "took" the time to make coming to Ashley's party extra special, a mom who made sure "she represented me", and a great friend to take pictures...thank you so much Mandy!!!
Since the twins were in three year preschool, I have always taken a picture of them (together and individually) with their teacher(s). It is amazing how much they change from holiday to holiday. I stayed a little long when dropping Ashley off, just to insure that I got my photo. In my husbands defense, he could have taken the picture (I asked him to and he said he would), but Jimmy tends to photograph "backgrounds" more than "subject", if you know what I mean:)!






I left school yesterday with such a great attitude. I am SO BLESSED to have such wonderful people in my life. Research has shown that children learn the most from birth to five. If that is correct, I feel that we have given our kids the BEST possible start they could have. Mrs. Simon, Miss Bell, and Mrs. Johnson are wonderful. I love them all. I think Mrs. Johnson is just such a wonderful teacher and even better person. She gets me and that is so nice. I am a little crazy and emotional and ...well, we won't go there...she just gets me. More important, she gets my kids. Allison is a little, ok A LOT emotional and Isaac, well, he's Isaac. She has never taken their "qualities" as a negative, ALWAYS makes them into a positive. She gets them and works with them. I can not describe how much respect I have for this lady. THANK YOU!!!! Like I said, we have been blessed, from birth Shelly has loved and cared for my children and now teachers that are teaching them things I could have never dreamed possible. Kindergarten is not kindergarten of years past...it's crazy what is expected...but they are getting it and do GREAT at it. I love it!!!!



Maternity clothes are so much better than they use to be. For Christmas, we gave Mrs. Johnson a
Motherhood Maternity gift card ( a little early to enjoy the season!). She looked so cute. Disgusting, third baby due in a few weeks and she looks fabulous. I digress, don't mind Isaac's face, that would be chocolate smeared all over it, including on his forhead. What is it with boys and their dirty faces?


The kids singing Christmas carols. Yes, they made me cry watching them sing. They are getting so big and did a great job.


*I do have pictures of Allison and Isaac alone with Mrs. Johnson, but picasa only allows me to put 4 pictures on at a time. Just wanted everyone to know that I do treat them as individuals and not as a unit/pair. :)! I just thought the Christmas carol picture was pretty cute and wanted to share:)!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Theresa said...

WONDERFUL!!! and it is ok to have pictures of your twins together...once they grow up, you may not get as many of them together!!! so take them all now!!!

Mandy is great isn't she!!!??? even if it was just for pictures this time! I know what you mean about pictures of backgrounds...Matt doesn't zoom in on the subject much either...(he is getting better!)

Shelly said...

I have a picture of Tyler and Mackenzie each singing in that same Christmas program it seems just like yesterday and now I am seeing Isaac and Alli Wow time is sure fyling. I know what you mean by having to make tough desions on whose parties to attend, I often have to divide my time up. Pictures are all adorable!!