Monday, December 8, 2008

Christmas Traditions

On the first Sunday of December, we always have my mom's side Christmas...I guess I should not say always because it actually got cancelled due to the weather...see you all next Sunday!!! Anyway, after the party, we all put on our matching pj's. The kids have always had matching pj's, but three years ago, Children's Place started to carry adult pj's as well. The first year we all got polar fleece pj's. Jimmy said no more HOT pj's. Last year, we all looked like we were going to break out of prison. Jimmy said I had to have color. So here you go, no hot, lots of color matching TenBrink pj's...



Now, to just get three kids to smile with their eyes open would be terrific. It doesn't help matters that he does this intentionally!


Of course, Brady has to make his way into a few family photos as well. Hey, at least he is looking at the camera...more than I can say for my kids on most days!


Classic Camp Chaos



After 40+ pictures, not one good one...this will have to do...sorry Ashley...next time maybe you will remember to smile!!!!! It was a ROUGH day for Ash...and James was SO HAPPY about the pj's, I thought I should probably stop:)!

For the record, doesn't Jimmy look sexy????
Posted by Picasa

12 comments:

Jodi said...

SEXY is NOT a word I would use to describe Jimmy in those matching pjs...if I show Keith, Jimmy will surely get an ear full! :) It takes a REAL man to dress like that...yeah, that's it...go with that! :)

LucieP said...

your pics are wonderful!!!!! I love your header pic....and kudos to your man for wearing the pjs...!

jennie said...

The dog is the funniest thing I have ever seen. Truely a fourth TenBrink child.

It simply amazes me that your husband agrees to this tradition. I have no doubt you are married to your soulmate. No one else on the planet would go for that. And yes, I am showing Jason. I think he was pissed I made him wear a striped sweater, let alone PJs!

Unless you are bribing him with special favors...

Theresa said...

What a Super Funny display of pictures! No Matter What you can always make me a smile (or laugh).

Thanks for that!

Mandy said...

Jimmy is HOT! What a great MAN for doing this for his family and to make his wifey very happy!! Love the pictures...especially the one with Jimmy beating his child! HA HA! CUTE CUTE CUTE

Mya said...

Okay First thing is First. I can not believe you were able to get your hubby into those Pj's. Love it! However, I am simply amazed that you were not only able to get him into those pj's but that you were able to get him to let you photograph him. Job well done. I can't wait to show my husband.
I love all the pictures. But, i do have to say the one with the dog is by far my favorite. Everyone (including your puppy) is looking and smiling at the camera. Super fun pictures.

Shelly said...

what a wonderful man to wear matching PJ's with his family. These pictures crack me up, your dog seems almost human needing to make sure he does not miss out of family things. love this tradition!!!

The Lallo Family said...

Kristin....
SO CUTE! I was CRACKING up at Brady in the picture! What a perfect pooch! You guys look like you have such a great time together and you can just tell that you are both wonderful parents! GREAT JOB! Love the P-jays! I think I am going to have to make a stop at Children's Place!

We also LOVE your family Christmas card! Thanks for adding us to your list! I love that we have connected again!
HAPPY HOLIDAYS!
Love,
Jen

Kimberly5 said...

LOVE all your pics, you can really just see the love your family has for each other.

Lea said...

OMG!!! There is NO way I could EVER get Tom into PJ's like that!! SERIOUSLY!! Jimmy is ONE of a kind...you better keep him! ;-)

VERY cute pics....and don't worry, we took a dozen shots for our xmas cards...none of them are so great!

hien k. d. said...

love the pictures, Kristin! you are so cute together. :)

Eru said...

very beautiful pictures....a perfect happy family...God bless.. :)

loved tht pic of ur kids in which all three of thm are dressed in white... :)

btw...d dog is a darling too :)