Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Season...

As many of you know, I am a LOVE JUNKIE, through and through. I love love. I think everyone should have love and spread it around, which means I LOVE the Christmas season. I think everyone should just be full of love and happiness and I make it my mission to make sure everyone feels the same way:)! Right Jennie:)!!!!
With that said, my kids are getting older and the memories of Christmas are a must. I want them to have traditions, and to always know home for the holidays. This year is the first year of doing an advent calendar since we went from a family of 2 kids to a family of three kids. You don't think adding one more is a big deal, but it is really kicking my butt this season. How was I going to put three pieces of candy in the calendar? Was I going to have to buy three calendar's? I came across this calendar in one of my scrap booking magazines and thought it would be perfect. It has little drawers and came in white...you could decorate it how ever you wanted. Well, I ordered it and actually did it (yes, Jennie, this is for you...a project completed and pictures for you Kelley:)!) . Not the best, but it works!





The drawers are actually "big" enough to stick three kisses in. That is the only candy I could fit three of. I have put quarters, stickers, and tattoos. Can anyone think of anything else that might fit in one of these drawers? Not a big deal, the kids think this is GREAT and they are more than happy with what they are receiving. Lesson the mom should learn; more and greater isn't always better! I have to keep reminding myself of that during this holiday season of gifting:)!

I leave you with a few pictures of Ashley. It is not a secret that I am not a big fan of three year olds. Don't get me wrong, I love Ashley with my whole heart, but come on, three year old are very pissy!!!! BUT, times like these, I could have lots of three year old...maybe because she is sleeping!






Yes, this is how she fell asleep a few night ago. Legs in the air...I don't know how she can do it. I think Eeyore has some magical sleeping powers or something!!!

And last...why you should never let a three year old get themselves dressed in the middle of winter (or anytime for that matter)...

Yes, the shirt is navy blue, the vest is brown, purple, pink, red, orange, and tan and the skirt is black, red, white and silver. Isn't she a vision of loveliness???
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Oh I love your advent calendar. What a great idea. You can't fit five of something in there can you? I usually put something by their breakfast dish every morning.

I love the was Ashley tilts her head in every picture. It's so precious. And just a side note. She is a picture of loveliness just as long as she doesn't dress like that when she is 16. :)

jennie said...

Calendar YEAH! Friggin cutest thing EVER. Loving the October Afternoon. Want to get my hands on some of that(so it can just sit in a drawer or possibly the box it arrived in)

I am still reeling over the fact that you completed a project;)

The thought of Ash and Tea in the same room scares me a bit. Oh the fashion faux pas...

Theresa said...

Cute calendar! I want one too! could you send me the link or the address or the phone number or something that i can to order it!

I SO love the picture of Ash sleeping!!! I have pictures similar too...some of Ben sleeping standing up!!! HAHA

Mandy said...

Can't wait for the day you let Ash dress herself and let her go to school that day...you do it and I will do it!! Remember my story of Ryan wanting to wear his swimsuit..yeah..they would totally be the kids of style in their class!! Love the calendar...you must post where you got it from!!

Jodi said...

That's. My. Paper. As in you are the luckiest; I am the most jealous! I'm glad you used it. The picture doesn't do the finished project justice. SUPER. DUPER. CUTE!

Oh, and for the record, if you think Ash is pissy...she tells Kyle she won't play with him when he is naughty at my house and then does everything I asked Kyle to do! So the moral of this short story is YES, she IS pissy, but Kyle is naughtier. :)

Mya said...

Okay girls - (Jenn & Kristin)all your craftiness is making me want to burry myself in a hole. There is just simply now where near enough time in the day for me to do that kind of stuff right now. I envy you both for being so stinkin creative with christmas this year. I love it Kristen. My fist thought was WOW Kristin finished a project. IF I remember correctly from Chicago you never finish that stuff. Am I right or were we talking about someone else.
As for the outfit - too cute. I am wondering where I can buy one just like it? :)

JT said...

LOVE. LOVE. LOVE. IT!!! Way too darn cute Kristin!

Shelly said...

Only Ash would fall asleep like that, isn't she the one that fell asleep helping Daddy with his race car?

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

Wow, Kristin! It is so cool and unique!
Are you going to start your own Etsy Store now? Jeesh, between your craft projects, pictures, and sewing, nobody can keep up!
Seriously, the kids will treasure this for many years to come. You may have to make a few more so each have their own when you pass them on.
What great Christmas memories you are creating for your family!Great work, SuperMom!

Kelley said...

You know how jealous I am of both yours and Jennies now. You both had awesome talent!!! I am stopping by target tonight to get one...I have to start the tradition too...just a little (5 days to be exact) late, but better late then never! I will take pictures and post them when, I get it...I know, don't hold your breath!

Lea said...

I must say DITTO to several of the comments...I do NOT have enough time to accomplish everyday tasks, let alone something so adorable as THAT!
And what a fashion diva Ash has become!! See - a big reason I'm grateful for 2 boys!! HA!