Friday, December 19, 2008

Our first attempt...


So I decided to be "that mom" and actually "do" a gingerbread house with the kids. I have been scared to do it for years, never done one, had no idea where to start...or finish for that matter. Jodi told me they were horrible and not to waste my time, but when do I listen to Jodi (right Jod?!))? So when I was out on my fantastic date with my fabulous girls, we went to Toys R Us and they had a Willy Wonka kit. It was SO EASY...everything you needed was right there, even a little "stand thing" that helps set the house up. AWESOME is all I can say!!! I visioned it to be prettier, but with two 5 year old and a 3 year old...pretty is not an option! They did a really good job doing it all on their own and no one fought about anything. I would say that is a success!



They liked the idea of snow, but liked the idea of flowers in the snow. When I told them it was their house and they could have flowers anywhere they wanted...they responded with "You are the BEST mom ever!" All because of flowers in the snow...love it!!!


Yes, that is Belle making the house. Costumes are money well spent in the TenBrink house. We wear them ALL the time. Pick your battles, right?!?!?


Great mom #2 moment was when I "helped" Isaac "make" a snowman. Not an easy thing to do, but we managed with the help of some kisses...if case you were wondering...the white blob thing with green eyes and an orange nose is the snowman:)!


The finished product, three happy kids and one grateful mom!!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jennie said...

Hehehehe...Its perfect just the way they made it. Ours is an advent gift and I think its happening Monday. We'll see how easy it is.I tend to side with Jodi on the gingerbread house thing, ever since the year everyone was so excited and then I was stuck working on it for hours.

Our lives are so similar. Princess gowns get straight up worn out around her. Cinderella is quite shabby. The current Fave is a ghetto cheerleader uniform that is fully rhinestoned. Saweeeet!

And if you have not heard it enough, you are an awesome mom!

Mandy said...

You are a fabulous mom! I agree with Jodi, they really are not worth the money but the kids sure enjoy them! It's fun to see what the kids come up with. LOVE IT! Ryan had to make sure and use all the candy, Madison tried to eat All the candy!

Mya said...

I love the last picture of the "happy smiling kids & the finished product". What a great way to spend some quality time with your kids and do something fun. And I think the snowman is priceless.

Theresa said...

So Funny!!! I have 4 kids...not sure they would all share enough to make one and I don't want to buy 2!!! (bad me)!!!

I LOVE the snowman BLOB!!! so great!!! How fun!

and you are right, pick your battles!!

Shelly said...

Love it, we did ours last night and it kept collapsing!!! love the snowman Isaac great touch!!!

Jodi said...

Love the pic of the kids hanging out on the table, doing their own thing!