Thursday, June 18, 2009

#1 Reason Why I Love Michigan

Yes, Michigan has lots of goods and bads and lately, it seems like there are many more bads than goods...including this lovely weather that has included lots of rain (flooding my basement) and cool weather that made me think summer was never going to come. I guess to be fair, I have to enjoy the winter...ice melter has kept me family fed!! Needless to say, I think summer has finally come.

On Friday, I went out with my girls and Jimmy had to take care of the kids. Pet peeve #!, Dads babysitting their children!! I can not stand when someone says that. How can a dad babysit his own child/ren?? Do Mom's babysit their children? It makes me very angry!!
I digress, while the children were under Jimmy's solo care, he took them for ice cream and to the beach. Sounds lovely, but I had ice cream melted in my car along with beach sand and wet clothes in a bag that sat in my car for several days. It smelled wonderful, NOT!! Worst part, I had to clean it all up...heaven forbid he take his truck to do this!! The good of this story is that the kids had a fabulous time and wanted to go back on Saturday. I thought is was a little chilly, but it was actually a perfect day! It is a lot of fun to just sit back and watch the kids. This is the first year that I was not SUPER paranoid that someone was going to drown. Still a little, but not a l0t:)! The kids loved it and it tired them right out. In fact, they wanted to go back on Sunday, but I quickly called Aunt Jodi who informed me that the beach was closed on Sunday. Way to take one for the team Aunt Jodi!!!! Worse than that, I actually never even made the called, just held the phone to my ear...naughty, I know!!!
Some photos for your viewing pleasure. The beaches here are fantastic. Who needs to go anywhere on vacation when we live 3 minutes from this??? Not to mention, I am still on my spending freeze:)!



Happy girl!!!

ALL boy!!!

Lovin' the water!

As many things that Jimmy does that drive me crazy....like taking my vehicle and destroying it...he does so many wonderful things like being one wing ding er of a dad and fabulous sand castle maker!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Lea said...

I agree...many of us who live so close take Lake Michigan for granted. I too really enjoy just sitting back and watching daddy in action with our boys there.
I think my boys would seriously live right there on the beach if possible!!
Awesome pics!!

JT said...

AHHHHHH! I AGREE- I hate it when people say, "oh her dad's babysitting?" Are you kidding me? NO- He's their DAD! Beautiful pictures!!! : )

Mandy said...

I must agree, we do not "appreciate" the beaches we have! Love the pictures, especially the one with Isaac jumping the lake, great pictures MOM!!

jennie said...

Great shots! One of the bests parts of beach days are the great pictures. Really love that one of Allison.

Sorry about the stinky sandy car. Mine seems to have the same problem now and then. I dont know why my husband always puts wet clothes in a bag and leaves them. I even find them in the laundry shoot. Husbands.

And I'll be saving the "Aunt Jodi says the beach is closed" to use on my kids. Genius!

The Lallo Family said...

So cute! The beach must be on everybody's minds! We spend all day Sunday at the beach...what a wonderful day! Looks like you guys had fun too! Hurray for summer! :)

The Lallo Family said...

I second (or third at this point) the "Dad is babysitting" thing. Granted, I am not as skilled a parent as my wife I have a little more vested interest in their well-being than your average -make sure they don't die - babysitter. :-)

Shelly said...

great pics, John often leaves me a mess when he is in charge of the kids, it stresses me out, but its good when we can take a step back and see the loving fun fathers that they really are, they are just over sized kids so really what more can we expect from them..

Jodi said...

hehehe...I ♥ all these comments...poor dads. {although you ladies and Corey are all right!!!}