Thursday, June 4, 2009

Love for Big Jim


I have to send a lot of love out to my father in law. Grandma TenBrink passed away last Friday. I don't care how old or young you are, losing your Mom is not something that is easy to do (not that I speak from experience, but the thought brings me INSTANTLY to tears!). He has been handling it like a champ and still was kind enough to come over a mow our lawn for us. Yes, we do not have a lawn mower...just add it to the VERY long list of things we need to get. In the mean time, Jim has been nice enough to mow and it makes me happy when I pull into the driveway and see my lawn looking half way decent versus a hay field. In payment for his kindness...I gave him some love. What could make a sad grandpa happy but some lovin' from the crazies!!!! He again had to be "nicer" and give them rides (and let some little boy drive himself). Thanks Jim for being you and know we all love you!!!

Isn't that picture just filled with love?!?!?
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mandy said...

This picture is so very precious and I know Allison will one day treasure this shot!! So wonderful!! Sorry to hear about the lose in your family!!!

The Lallo Family said...

That picture made me tear up! You are so lucky to have such an amazing father in law!

Kelley said...

I am sorry Kristin, I didn't know. I hope that the family is being strong together, and this is a WONDERFUL picture, you get better and better by the minutes with you photography skills!

Mya said...

I am in awe! What a beautiful picture. Just as Mandy said Allison will one day treasure this photo. I am so sorry for you loss. I had no idea! A picture is worth a thousand words. Hang in there sweetie.

jennie said...

Oh so sorry about Grandma T. Glad to know that Jimmy's Dad is doing ok and getting lots of CCC love:)

Jodi said...

you took some great shots that day...maybe not all as good as this one, but looking at them, I am reminded of pics of us with grandma and grandpa...those pics are importnt now, but one day they'll all be priceless. keep it up.

Shelly said...

So sorry to hear that, this picture is beautiful it shows what a loving Grandpa he is and also what a great Dad he is to mow your lawn for you!!