Monday, June 22, 2009

Happy Fathers Day

My sister came up with the grand idea of going to Michigan's Adventure for Father's Day. It has been years since we (JIMMY!) has been home on Father's Day and if you went to MI Adventure with a season pass holder (which my mom and I purchased for the Stratton family) then it only cost $10 a person. Rock on...we were going!!! I could go on and on with all the fun we had and for the most part everyone was really good. Kyle liked to run, but he had a good time...that is all that really mattered. It actually helps me when Kyle is not so good, it makes Ashley be super good so she can say that she is better than Kyle. Bad I know!!!
The big kids rode Zack's Zoomers about 100 times...thanks Grandma and Poppy for riding it with them 99 of the 100 times. The Sea Dragon was also a big hit. Good thing Uncle Jimmy was there to keep Kyle from shaking out of his seat, but by the end, he loved it!!!
Isaac, Jimmy and my Dad rode some ride where they got soaked. Allison was beyond sad that she could not ride it too. You had to be 46+ inches and she was only 45. She just kept saying, but I am the oldest. Poor thing, I guess she just needs to eat more!!! I look and the boys are riding shirt less. Classic sight let me tell you:)!
The Ferris Wheel was also a hit...not for the adult women. Not a fan!! We left the "men" in charge AGAIN!!! Aunt Jodi did a great job taking Ashley with Kyle to ride rides her size...thanks Aunt Jodi...Jimmy and I were too busy riding Zack Zoomers again, and again, and again!! Oh yeah, leave it to my mom to swear on a kiddy ride. In her defense, her and I were riding in the same car together...which was meant for a kid to ride in ALONE...we were already giggling...it was the first ride she had been on in 20 years...certain words are going to come out!!! Poor thing, I never let her forget it rest of the day. Towards the end of the day (on ride like 95), Jimmy told the ride attendant to tell the lady "in the front with the little girl to please watch her language, she had gotten reports of some foul mouths". Lucky for my mom, she was sitting with Isaac:)!!!
All in all it was a fantastic day. I was really happy to spend the day with Jimmy and my Dad. I think my Dad might have had one of the best Father's Days spending it with BOYS!!! For the record, we missed Keith, but he was doing his job solving murders...so we have to be proud:)!
I wanted to spend the day enjoying my family, not looking through a camera lens. Of course once I was there, I was sad that I did not have my camera. Thanks to Jodi for taking pictures, forwarding them to me, and letting me post them here.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Father's Day spending their day with some important man/men in their lives...appreciating them for being them.


Daddy with his baby girl!!!


Isaac after riding the water ride and standing on the bridge and getting soaked, Jodi caught this great smile!!! I love this kid!!!



The men and the kids riding the ferris wheel. Doesn't it look like something out of my baby book. LOVE this photo action!!





Camp Chaos





boy cousin love!




Poppy and Grandma love and Ashley looking like Ashley:)!





Jimmy and 2 1/2 of his kids:)!

Alli and her mom. I did not like our teeth so I tried to whiten them, but instead I think they made them worse. What can you do?!?!?



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Mandy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time! I feel bad for Allison, poor girl, it's so hard for them to understand. Maybe by the end of summer...I know, I know..dreaming!!I love the family picture, it is absolutely wonderful!! Happy Father's day to Jimmy and your dad!!

Jodi said...

WOW! Your makeup looks flawless! ;)

For the record, I need to point out that I took Ash and Kyle on rides their size...you typed "her size" and although I know you were referring to Ash, some smart @!& might think you were referring to me!!!

Had a great time. Thanks for running after Kyle while I pulled out the fake gun and put it to my head for a concessions worker!

hien k. d. said...

love this post, Kristen! looks like you all had so much fun! :)

jennie said...

Fun stuff, Kristin!

Love the pics! And the height requirements always cause a few broken hearts when we go too. I just hate to go there because there are so few rides that I am actually willing to go on(Zach's Zoomer being one of the only ones I can handle, I know! A kiddy coaster!)

I wonder which smart ass Jodi was referring to in her comment????
;)

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

What a fantastic day - thanks for sharing the pics! I totally agree that the one of the guys in the gondola looks like a classic picture, Jodi took great pictures! It was such a beautiful day and great pics of (you!)and your beautiful family! I am glad this one went down in the memory books...

Mya said...

I love it ALL. Looks like you guys had a fabulous time and terrific weather. I love all your pictures too. They are perfect. We really need to get you moving with the whole scrapbooking thing. You have some GREAT pictures to work with.

The Lallo Family said...

What beautiful pictures! Looks like a wonderful time! I love the family shot!

Shelly said...

so glad you guys had a blast!