Saturday, November 10, 2007

Here we come....

It is 5:11 AM, yes, AM! For those of you who know Kristin, I am not an early riser. I sleep in until the very LAST second, hence showering at night. In other words, I am very lazy. However, today is a different day. In about 1 hour, we will be on the road to Florida. Yes, FLORIDA!!! I have so many emotions going through me right now. I am a big person on having an "idea" in my mind on how something should go. If it does not go that way (for the record, it seldom does!!), I get VERY disappointed. I planned this trip at the end of spring with our tax return money. Jimmy was working ALL the time and racing in his spare time as an outlet. I understand outlet, but sometimes, most times, it got old quickly. That is when I decided I had to have something to look forward to...time with my husband and kids! I wanted a vacation that was all about them. A week to be the mom who said yes to everything versus no. The mom whose priority was her kids and husband, not the laundry and dishes. They needed this and I NEEDED this. Then I thought, I have no idea when we would be able to do this again. I am not a big fan on taking the kids out of school for a week nor am I a fan on Florida in the dead of summer. So once again, in my head, I thought, lets make the absolute most of this vacation. Do EVERYTHING one tourist family could do and with the help of Kelley and her friend, we started the process. Kelley's friend was kind enough to let us stay free in his hotel. That led to planning to go to NASCAR USA, Universal Studio's, and Cocoa Beach. Jimmy actually was the one who said if we are there, we have to see the princesses! I guess Disney will be added on.
Now fast forward 6 months and you have the present moment. After making the plans, it was all I talked about. Needless to say, that did not last long in Jimmy's world so I was banned from mentioning the "D" word. Last night as we were packing the car, Jimmy informed me that he would NEVER go on vacation with little kids again. I thought 5 people in 4 bags, damn I am good. He did not see it that way and started this vacation...NOT as I pictured it in my head. Yes, being gone that long, with children, staying in a hotel is going to be a little exhausting. I have NEVER been with my children none stop for that many days. Am I crazy to be excited by that? I think I am. I think that is was it is 5 in the morning and I can hardly type because my hands are shaking so much. That or I am concerned one of us is not going to make it back!!!
So, I am off, to be ONLY a wife and mom...the BEST wife and mom that I can be. I am leaving all of my issues (in a jar...aren't you proud Jodi), negativity, busyness at home. I am taking with me love, PATIENCE, and a smile. I mean come on, I am going to the "happiest place on earth". Oh yeah, AND MY CAMERA!!! So wish me well! Say a prayer and I will try to keep you posted on the latest developments...get is posted!!! OK, it is 5 in the morning, give me at least a smile for that one!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

I am so excited for you guys. Cherish these vacations even when they are hectic. I always have things planned out as to how I think they should go also but Sometimes the best times are the unexpected one's. Tell the kids Hi and I love and miss them. Enjoy your family Kristin!