Thursday, November 29, 2007

Introducing...Brady





I have no idea what possessed me to decide we needed a puppy. I guess I like to "challenge" myself. We went to Thanksgiving at the TenBrink's and Jared and Kate's baby, Annie and the TenBrink's baby, Pebbles were there and the kids played with them and thought they were great. It was a little chaotic, (sorry Jim, Cheryl, Jared, and Kate) but so much fun to see the smiles on the kids faces. The next day we went to get a Christmas tree for Jimmy's work. When we got to the office, I decided a puppy was something we should consider. Long story short, 8 pm that night we were driving home with Brady. At the time his name was Stewart (after Tony Stewart), than George, Bless You (yes, Ash wanted to name him Bless You), Harley, H.D., Lucy (leave it to Alli, she could care less if he was a boy, she really wanted a dog named Lucy). He has been a really good puppy. Isaac had found a new best friend. My only complaint(S) are every shirt Isaac has worn since Friday now has holes in it, I have my eyes on this puppy at all times...trying to make sure he does not pee or poop, and I DON'T SLEEP. As stated in prior entries, I NEED SLEEP!!! I love to sleep and I have to have it. I think having a baby is easier. Maybe because I was off from work and those first few weeks were such a daze, but this SUCKS! He is getting better. After having a "mini melt down" yesterday, Brady went out last at 10pm, slept until 4:30, Jimmy took him out (yeah, I did not have to get out of bed!) came back in and slept until 7am when I woke him up! Not bad. Right now, after my 8 hours of sleep, I am glad we have this dog! I think this is a great thing for the kids, someone to play with, to love, to learn responsibility. I also like the idea of having a dog were we live. Hopefully, I can get through the next couple of weeks and CALM DOWN and start to enjoy this little guy instead of feeling like he is just adding too much to my plate! If any of you have any great ideas on how to "raise" a good dog, I would love the suggestions.

3 comments:

Kate said...

Dogs are fantastic for kids. Are you crate training him? They key for a puppy not having accidents is lots of trips outside and lots of praise when he goes. Brady is adorable.

BTW, there is another baby in the Uncle Jared & Aunt Kate house! We brought Duke home on Wednesday.

Shelly said...

He is so adorable, it almost make me want one. He looks like a perfect fit with your family!

kgehle said...

He is too cute!!! I definately agree with the crate training. It might seem mean to lock them in, but they end up relating it to a "safe place". When Murphy would go in his we would leave him alone. After he was trained we left it in our bedroom with the door open so he was able to go in and out whenever he wanted.