Monday, November 5, 2007

Leaves














As you may know, I have every Wednesday off from "work" to be a mom. Let the truth be told, I work harder on Wednesday than I do any day of the week. As a mother, taxi driver, house cleaner, laundry doer (is that a word?), and pleaser of all...my day is pretty long. I intended to have this day as a day to play with my kids and just be a Mom. After 4 1/2 years, I am still trying. It is so hard to just let this stuff go, I want to get the laundry caught up and the bathroom cleaned (boys, I have no idea what is in their pee, but it reeks!!!), not to mention the 100 other items I have to get done. Last week was so nice out and I wanted to get the leaves raked up. Isaac was so sweet and asked if he could jump in the pile. How could I resist? I let everything go and jumped with them. I think as a mom (at least I do!), you forget that at the end of the day, the other stuff does not matter. Your children screaming in excitement versus anger is such a wonderful sound. All three of them thought the pile of leaves was great and the idea of the camera taking a picture by itself...mind boggling! You have to love self timer!! It solved my problem from a few posts ago on how to get myself in a picture or two. Anyway, the day was great both "outside" and "inside". It amazes me how three little people can warm my heart so much!!

2 comments:

jennie said...

Good timing.I woke up today and there is not a single leaf in my yard. The wind off the Lake blew them all to my neighbors!
Thanks for the reminder today. Its my day off and I can only think of what needs to be done. Ah, screw it, I think I'll go play instead!

kgehle said...

Brayden jumped in the leaves for the first time this year and had so much fun. I am one that tends to get too caught up in what needs to be done and I lose sight of the 'fun'. Thank goodness for these little ones who show their parents how to have fun again!