Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Christmas Card Preview

So, trying to be somewhat prepared, I got the kids in their "Christmas clothes" and started taking some pictures. Classic chaos kids could not all look at the camera at the same time or else had this face that looked like they had to take the biggest poop. Regardless, a single picture of the three of them smiling (not constipated) and LOOKING at me was harder than I imagined! They did, however, manage some cute pictures alone. I went to "find" a Christmas card with several openings and that was WAY HARDER than I originally thought too. The only multi-photo cards I could find had 4 openings or 3 (1 large and 2 smaller). Darn three kids anyway!!! So in the end I compromised with a group photo. Not my favorite, but like Jodi said, they are all looking at the camera and smiling...that is about as good as I can get!!!!
A few individual shots that I really liked:
She likes to tip her head, annoying at times, but cute in this photo:)!

These were the individual photos that I liked the best, but could not find a home for...

I love her eyes in this picture!

Cute girl, holding a purse, screams Alli!

My handsome boyfriend!
Side note to my Fab Five girls (Jennie, I LOVE this!!)...I had the absolute BEST time in Chicago, I just have not had the opportunity to blog about it. Basically because I have no idea how to get the pictures off from Jimmy's camera. As for not leaving any comments...I don't really have a reason other than my comments would be too long, I would cry, laugh, and use some naughty words to describe how COMPLETELY WONDERFUL you all are and what a FANTASTIC time I had. Can't wait to see you at at Olive Garden!!
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Great pictures. Love that red hair!I still can't believe you have that Christmas tree up and decorated already. I haven't even begun. Hopefully this weekend. Olive Garden? That's one of my favorite resteraunts. Although I wasn't one of the Chicago Fab Fives.

jennie said...

Pics are very very good! Are you using a flash? Mine NEVER look that good(thats why I make them go out on the porch for our shots)but your tree just gives the photos such a warm cozy look that I am in love with...delightful!

I did the three seperate pics(all the same size) last year on our card. It was snapfish that had a few choices. Havent even gotten far enough to look through card options this year. I might want to get on that...

The Lallo Family said...

Try the collage mode in Picasa. You can shuffle and arrange them and then have one picture to print. C'mon Photoshop girl, you can make it look like they are all in the same one can't you? :-) This picture from our blogger profile actually has CJ's head photoshopped in. We gave up on 3 great smiles at one time.

Imagine how hard it is for people with ugly kids!

Theresa said...

I DID order cards this year!!! AND have a pretty GREAt picture if i do say so myself! BUt it is TOTALLY NOT a christmas picture. I even showed them to Matt and he liked them!!! (he usually says "looks fine" or "whatever you want(only whenit comes to something like that!)." So anyway I love your pictures...SO cute...but even with constipated faces I am sure your kids are adorable!!! did you check out my blog,I finally got CHICAGO up!! and you can steal my pctures...I don't think you took to many anyway! (so you'd have to take them anyway!)if you need me to I can send them to ya another way, just let me know!

Mya said...

I LOVE the pictures of your little ones. They are adorable. The lighting is perfect and I think they look great!! I am jealous that you are so ahead of the ball game. You are awesome. I need to get on the whole picture taking thing with my kids. However, I do know the feeling on trying to get all 3 of them to sit and look at the camera for just ONE nice picture. It's IMPOSSIBLE. I think we should plan a chicago girls & their kids playdate over christmas break!! Anyone in?

hien k. d. said...

love these pics, your kids are so cute, Kristin! :)