Sunday, November 2, 2008

The Shack

Two years ago in December, Jimmy's "employees" gave us a gift certificate to the Shack in Jugville, Michigan. This was the first weekend we had an opportunity to use it. Basically, the only reason we used it was because it was going to expire on the 18th of December and it was my birthday weekend. Yes, Jimmy was conned/manipulated into going. It really is a cool place to go if you ever have a chance. We had a LARGE hot tub/bath tub in our room. I think it was big enough for all of Camp Chaos to fit in it at once, but that would defeat the purpose of a relaxing QUIET weekend!! So quiet in fact, that they make you turn off your t.v. and lights at 11pm. Kind of weird, I know, but still cool. It is all log cabin, on a lake, with trails and things around (a little museum, a chapel in the woods, a gazebo). One of the best parts is the banana split they serve at night time...rock on to that!!!!


The main building of THE SHACK



My husband (who for the record is not the most romantic of men) was actually romantic; he packed some fancy wine ($29 at Meijers...must be fancy...to bad neither of us drink wine...), some mai tai premixed drink (more on our line of drinks), fancy glasses and a rose. For Jimmy, this is VERY romantic:)!!!


Cuddling on the "love seat" in our room.



View out our window...taken on our "romantic walk".



Jimmy, looking rather dashing, or maybe more like a senior picture...either way I LOVE this man with my whole heart. He did his best to make sure this weekend was very nice for both of us...OK, me more than him!! He even held my hand the whole weekend (for the record, that included going to the Montague football game and into WalMart:)!).
A cool spot we found on our walk. Across the bridge is the most quaint place, I want to get married here. I know, I am already married, but still, a very cool place, very simple, right on the water with a cross that is lit up. My memory card was full so you will have to take my word..SUPER cool place!
Another cool place, a chapel in the middle of the woods. I bet this place is FABULOUS in the "heart" of fall with all the leaves changing colors.
Thanks James for the get away. It has been a long couple of weeks. Lots of sadness, self discovery, and goodness all in a few days. I am trying to leave it behind me...with the realization that you can't change people and they can't change you. Sometimes the decisions that you make are the BEST ones at the time. Time also changes ALL things. The past is the past...time to leave the hurt there. As for the good, I just want to say I am so proud of my father in law. If you are reading this...you are the man!!! Keep up the GREAT work...we all love you!!!
Also, once again, thanks Mom and Dad for taking the kids. You guys are the best!!! Thanks for the "beautiful" cake too. Pictures of that to follow....

Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I am so glad that you had a great weekend! It sounds like it came at the perfect time...
beautiful pictures!
have a great week : )

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful getaway. I hope that you are able to start your week refreshed and rejuvinated!

Theresa said...

All I can say to this is SUPER COOL!!! Matt and Jimmy need to go to a romantics class!!! (HAHA)

What a great time!

And LEAVE ALL THE BAD times behind...REMEMBER the good ones!!! and THIS WAS A GOOD ONE FOR YA!

WOOHOO, Way To Go JIMMY!

Jodi said...

...and he even held your hand in Walmart? Wow, he must've sooo been in the moment!! :) Glad you had a good time.

Mya said...

My husband & I have been here many times. Its such a beautiful quiet place. The food is amazing. And just like you my favorite part of the whole experience is the banana splits at 9pm. The ice cream is to die for. Glad you had a great time and were able to experice such a great place. Mya