Friday, November 21, 2008

Life is not all that crappy

I realize that life is not one big "rose colored glass". LOTS of bad things happen...life is crazy...CHILDREN AND HUSBAND make ME crazy...as I do all by myself! Life does seem to pass me by on some, OK most days. I wonder how life can go so fast. My children, these precious gifts from God that I wanted more than anything...DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!

Do you see the word CRAZY a lot in my blogs? :)!

On my way to Chicago I was talking to one of my friends about "getting through" our day and she has little saying that she says to help her through. I sing! Yes, like Ally McBeal. I have always been this way. Someone can say a little phrase and I break out in song. It is how my brain works. It makes me happy. I have found myself doing this more with my kids. It is my way of counting to ten. The most recent song is Trace Adkins...Your Gonna Miss This...I am not a big Trace fan, but this song is so true. Instead of worrying about what is next or wanting something more or different than what you have...just be happy for the THIS moment....because in 2 seconds, this moment is gone and you are going to miss this.

Please do not think for one moment that life is all rosy now and I am "at peace", I am just trying to appreciate what I have a little more. That everything in my life...the crazy and all...were meant to be mine.

This blog is my one place in life that I can actually take a breath and look at the positives. Like I said before, my life is not all sunshine, but here, on this blog, I can take the "good" of the day and talk about that. Look at the positives in that. BE VERY HAPPY WITH THAT!!!

For instance, I do ALL the "work" at the TenBrink household. It is not a secret; Jimmy will agree. I maintain...it's my job. Jimmy has been very busy at work (for the record, not complaining, in this economy I will take the busy). To be honest, he really didn't do a whole lot to start with, but that is not the point here:)! So much so that just this past weekend, Jimmy came down stairs and said "You know, I have no idea how to turn our dishwasher on"! Classic, we have had this dishwasher for 2 years!!! I started to laugh and he said "We have "inside" and "outside" jobs, you do the inside, I do the outside." Note, there are not many "outside" jobs, I pick up dog poop and the lawn gets cut by one of his customers.

BUT...life has a way of working out...look at the good in a CRAPPY situation...



These picture are my husband outside in the bitter cold standing in crap!!! Yes, our lift station has been causing some issues for some time and finally just had enough. My husband (honestly, the great man that he is!!!) has the ability to fix most things. I have no idea how he does it, but he really is quite amazing. He says it is because he is a boy. Regardless...I bet he was wishing he didn't have to do "outside" work:)!!!

See it is all how you look at it. Yes, I do a lot more in the house, but I will NEVER stand outside in poop in the freezing cold...NEVER!!!! It makes all the laundry and cleaning seem not so bad!!!

And finally, I leave you with one more great thing.

My little Christmas tree is front on my big Christmas tree


Oh and one more, a beautiful tree outside our house. I HATE winter, but love fresh fallen snow. I know what you are thinking...crazy...but I do. It is so pretty. Everything is clean and like new. Especially in the morning, the sun is shining and the day can be anything it wants to be...it is a clean slate...just looking for the positives....and I am singing...walking in a winter wonderland!

Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Theresa said...

Thank you Kristin!!! I SO needed that!!! I need a little Kirstin on my shoulder (and in my head,and everywhere around me) to pick me up and make me see the GOOD side of things!!! There is always a bright side...and I need to start looking for it more! (my thing to do when I need to look for the bright side is to think of Kristin and this CRAPPY CRAZY BLOG!!!) THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! ( and for the record...I do most of everything around here too...(even when my DH is home and NOT WORKING!) my thought is if you want it done right (and right now) do it yourself!! so I do! (then i sometimes bitch!)

Mandy said...

Thank you Kristin. Wonderful post! Just think if all we ever did was post all the negative things in our lives...what would be the point. That's why we post all the good...and of course there is always room in blogland for the negative too, but sharing the positive is so much better!

Theresa said...

I forgot to say that I LOVE TRACE and his DEEP SEXY VOICE!!! HAHA I so love that song!!! maybe that is why I have it on my blog songs! another great one is Don't Blink by MR. Kenny Chesney (my love! LOL) and "Thank God for Kids" (oakridge boys, I think??!!!) both of which are also on my blog songs!!! LOVE THEM ALL!!!

Thanks again Kristin!!! You are SO AWESOME!!! such a pick me up that i needed, especially after this week!

jennie said...

Isnt funny the "tools" we use to get through the day? Love yours. So when does Barry White play?

For the record, there are few men who can do the"fix it" stuff that our husbands can. We got very lucky in that respect. NO one tells you to date handy boys in high school. I have friend with husbands who can't even change a tire.
I have always found your blog very balanced. Not every moment can be a precious memory(many I'd rather forget)But posting a pic of the children I adore, really puts anything "bad" that happens into perspective. And then its usually not quite as bad. So if we blogged on and on about about how miserable our lives are, they will be just that, miserable. Its all about perception and attitude.

Great post:)

Not your Happily Ever After said...

What a blessing to have a husband who will literally stand in crap because he is that dedicated to his family. I remember when mine did the same thing when our we had and inch of sewage in our basement. Your blog has always been very balanced and very encouraging. I enjoy reading it and it often helps me turn my attitude around if I'm in a frustrated or worn out mood. What a wonderful post!

kgehle said...

Thanks Kristin! I looked up the song and listened and of course the tears started, found Brayden and hugged him close (Camden is napping but I almost went and woke him up, but I'm not completely crazy!), then Brayden turned and looked at me and said 'thanks mom'. Then the waterworks really started! So thank you again, I seriously needed that!

Janine said...

Kristin, you make me laugh, you make me tired.
You are a fireball, girl.
This old lady can't keep up with you.....LOL!!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

I love your post - and any post that you write whether it is sunshine or poop. You totally make me smile with your wit and humor and perspective.
Aren't we lucky that hubby's leave the inside the house stuff to us and they can deal with the outside crap? I don't mind mowing the lawn every now and then, but I think I would draw the line at what Jimmy did.
Beautiful pictures, as always! Have a great weekend...!

Jodi said...

...so to play the devil's advocate...what would happen if, say, the poop was in the basement...would you still find a rainbow??

Shelly said...

great post Kristin, love the picture of Jimmy standing in poop!