Wednesday, November 26, 2008

I'm thankful for the blessings...

a little Kelly Clarkson for you...

This Thanksgiving Eve, I am going to attempt a thankful list. I know I have so much more to be thankful than what I put on this list, but here is a few in no particular order and I will stop when I am needed to help put my three crazy kids to bed. Which leads me to my first couple of blessings...

I am thankful for my 3 wonderful crazy fabulous kids. They make me have a variety of emotions throughout the day, but ALWAYS at least once, without fail, bring the biggest smile to my face.

I am thankful for my husband, he too, can bring a smile to my face, even when I am in the worst mood...maybe it has something to do with those dimples and great butt...

I am thankful to have a house to live in. It keeps me warm, it provides me with daily entertainment...how would I spend my evenings if I couldn't clean the house and do laundry (which are also blessings!! I have the ability and means to keep myself, family, and home clean)?

I am thankful to have two wonderful parents who set a GREAT example of love. Growing up, I thought they were out to get me and maybe (just a little) crazy. Turns out, they weren't crazy, they were parents! I have 100% turned into my mother...and that is a huge compliment to me!!!

I am thankful to have a sister...a friend, a neighbor, a co-worker all in one. I am also thankful to have Keith, Caleb, Andrew, and Kyle. They all help complete my family and I would not have it any other way.

I am thankful to have in-laws. I am thankful to Jim and Cheryl for having a fabulous son that I was lucky enough to marry. I am thankful that they raised him to be a good husband and an even better father...for the record, he set his "even better" standard high...he is a great husband!! I am also thankful to have a brother and sister in-law that moved back to Michigan to be closer to family...now to find the time to see them and actually get to spend some time together:).

I am thankful to blogger...to be able to write this list...to take the time to actually think about all the wonder things and PEOPLE I have in my life. Funny thing is, if there were no blogger, I would not be in contact with some of these wonderful people.

I am thankful to blogger comments...I just LOVE when people leave comments on my blog!!!

I am thankful to have WONDERFUL friends (who leave comments and who don't!). The older I get the more I realize YOU NEED TO HAVE FRIENDS...someone who has your back...both figuratively and literally!!!

I am thankful for my job. In this economy, these words are enough, but I am lucky enough to actually LOVE my job and work with the BEST people. I am thankful for Steve, Lynn, and Larry for being my family 9-5 Monday through Friday (except Wednesday's :))!

I am thankful for Shelly. I have never had to worry about the safety of my children or of they are loved. You have no idea what kind of pressure that takes off from a mom! The kids love Shelly and love to go there. They have never cried about going...they think of it as their second home and I will be FOREVER grateful for all Shelly has and will do for my kids.

I am thankful for my (and my families) health. Minus being a little off our rocker every now and again :), everyone is happy and healthy.

I am thankful for bed times, for being able to be home at night to tuck my babies into bed, to give them hugs and kisses and most important, to tell them how much I love them and I how lucky I am to have them.

I am thankful to God, for His many blessings. The ones that I realize and the ones that are so simple that I do not even pay attention. THOSE blessings are the ones that I am most thankful for. I am SO thankful for all that He entrusts in me, for his confidence in me that I will let these kids live another day:)! Seriously, thankful does not even begin to describe ALL the gratitude that I have.

Well, there is so much more...like freedom...that I am thankful for, but I am being summons to a bedroom or two for some "night time lovin' " and I am not about to miss it!

5 comments:

jennie said...

Well put my dear.
Have an incredible delightful wonderful Thanksgiving:)

Theresa said...

Love the list!!! I do believe I just need to sub my family into yours and you covered it all!!!

HOpe you Had a GREAT daY!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving!

Shelly said...

wonderful list especially wonderful that I made the list, THANKS. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family!

Mya said...

I loved your list. I especially loved the part about people leaving you comments. That was classic. Looking forward to our dinner date next week. Yehaw!!! I hope you and your family had a great thanksgiving.

The Lallo Family said...

Kristin...LOVE YOUR BLOG!!! I am so glad we all got in touch again over our blogs! Your kids are just BEAUTIFUL...WHAT A PERFECT family you have! I loved the beautiful card you sent us for the birth of Lanie! You are so sweet to do that! Hope you have a wonderful holiday season!
Stay in touch!
Love,
Jen