Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Krazy Kristin

OK, yes, I am a little crazy, I can admit that. Yes, I am the person who went and cut her tree down almost 2 full weeks before Thanksgiving. When I say "her", I mean Jimmy, of course:)! It is not my fault that Thanksgiving is late this year and we had plans this coming weekend so it seemed only fitting to go on Saturday and cut one down. The lady at the tree farm also thought I was a little nutty, but took my money with a smile. Amazing how that works!
It did start to rain while we were there and it was VERY cold AND JIMMY WAS GETTING ANNOYED so we found a tree and cut it fast. Unfortunately, I did not get any "good" pictures. Oh well, next year...maybe you will see our tree in our Halloween photos:)!!
I like to be prepare, I can't help it. Our lives are very CRAZY and I need to have control over things that I can have control over. Does that make sense???


How many TenBrink's does it take to cut down a tree????


No, this is not the tree we got...it was the tree the kids thought was "so cute" and wanted to get their picture taken with.

On another note, we HAD to go sledding yesterday. Jimmy told the kids "when the ground is white, we can go sledding!" Well, the ground was definitely WHITE!!! Who wants to put all that work into sledding? Jimmy just tied the sleds to the 4-wheeler and we were off. I LOVE doing fun, crazy family things together. Thanks Aunt Jodi and Uncle Keith for letting us use your yard...again:)!!!














One last krazy Kristin story...every week the kids "learn" a new letter. They write it 100+ times both in upper case and lower case, learn a song, and learn ALL the different words that start with the letter. Well, the kids make a puppet on Mondays (the size of a brown paper lunch bag) and have to bring back something that starts with that letter. I have to be different; I have to use the letter several times over. For example last week was "p"~ Alli brought in a Pretty Plaid Purse, Isaac brought a Picture of a Personal Pan Pepperoni Pizza. Yes, crazy, I know. This week was "I". Not a lot of things start with i. Isaac said, "Isaac does." So that made me think Isaac's Iris...I know, I know...KRAZY KRISTIN!!! It is all starting to make sense know, isn't it???


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

jennie said...

Yup you are KRAZY.

I think I have a crazy streak too, I just never recognize it.

So at least you know you're nuts.

Is your tree decorated?
Now that would be SUPER-KRAZY..;)

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Love the uniqueness with the show and tell items. Who would have thought of Isaacs Iris for I. Not I.

Mandy said...

Glad you are back! I miss reading your blogs! Between you and Jennie, you keep me laughing!! Looks like you guys had a great time finding the tree and sledding!

Shelly said...

I really think you may be the first person around here maybe even in Michigan that has actually gotten their Christmas tree at least you are in the spirit of things.

Mya said...

Krazy Kristin! I do not think you are crazy. I put my tree up on Saturday too. I did not decorate it though. Life is super busy all the time and I do not think there is anything wrong with getting a head start. I bet it will make the next month a little more "relaxing". Ha - yea right huh?!! Love the pictures of the kids sledding behind the 4 wheeler. Times like that are simply priceless.

kgehle said...

Not a bad idea at all! We get our tree the first weekend in December, but I think this year it's going to be the Saturday or Sunday after Thanksgiving. It's only a week earlier but maybe then I won't feel like Christmas snuck up on me and took a bite! I'm needing Christmas this year! Like in Jodi's post...I've found the Christmas music already! I laughed at first and turned the station but then went back to find it!