Tuesday, January 20, 2009

New Loves...Big News Cont.

As referenced in my last post, I have BIG news which leads me to think of my new loves. I guess you could say in honor of Valentine's Day, I am going to share my three current loves. Obviously, I love my family and friends (husband, kids, etc), every one is healthy, we have jobs, roofs over our heads...I guess I am talking about huge likes...things I could live without, but currently am very glad that I don't have to.

First, for some reason, my sister has a slight obsession with my eyelashes...which now includes Jennie. Let me say, I, too, have blond eyelashes. If you remember (way LONG ago) I have/had blond hair, albeit, it has been awhile.



So my first love is mascara...two coats with an eyelash curler (so to be technical, I guess I love eyelash curlers and mascara). See...look at what these two wonderful products can do for a person:)!


~sorry about the bad picture...it's the end of the day and I have a cold...I just took off the mascara from one eye...I guess I should have done a "little something" to myself")! Also upon further notice, this new mascara makes my lashes look kinda "spidery"...oh well...still love mascara~


My second love is this...
I have had a bird love since before lovin' birds was cool and in style. I like birds and owls (especially owls with eyes that don't match...they tug at my heart:)!). I was at Target and saw this candle holder on display in the back with their "new stuff" as a "see all our cool stuff, now buy" option. I went back a few days later, still could not find it ANYWHERE, so I took the display. There was not a sign telling me I could not have the display model and it had a price tag sticker on the bottom so I went with it!!! I really don't know why I love it so much, but I really do!!

My last current new love is something that is brand new to me and will only last for a little while. It is something that has been in the works for years, but only first brought to my attention on Friday and brought 100% to my attention today...




Bet you are guessing what the BIG new is...




I drop Ashley off at Shelly's after school (arriving a little later than normal), get ready to leave when I see the bus. I know better than to leave right as the bus is getting there, so I pull back in and wait at the bus stop with Shelly. Off come my two cute kids...sorry had to throw that cute in there!!! Alli looks upset and Isaac is screaming. No, Alli wasn't really upset, she just happened to loose her first tooth at school. Turns out, her semi loose tooth that I thought I had weeks to prepare for, "fell out" in her apple when she took a bite at snack time. I guess that is the joy of having two kids in one class...you get more details!!! I was afraid that the tooth would fall out while we were in New Orleans. My mom assured me that she had it under control, she would take lots of pictures and knew the tooth fairy would have the situation under control (aka find her at Grandma's!). So, I am glad that I was home and got to witness it first hand, but the thought of my baby no longer a baby...loosing all that makes her a baby brings a tear (OK, more than 1 tear)...LOTS of tears to my eyes!!! I am so proud of the girl she is becoming!! I love the first ever missing tooth smile more than mascara (and eyelash curler) and candle holder.

How could something this small missing from my baby girls mouth melt my heart like it does???



P.S.

Sorry if my BIG news disappointed anyone...it is HUGE news here at Camp Chaos!!!

10 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

ohh... the tooth fairy gets to come! lucky you!
that is big news! congrats alli!
you so make me smile and laugh!

jennie said...

if you recall, I think I have had at least 5 posts that revolve around Summer's teeth! It's big stuff. Truely the house revolves around it! I missed her second tooth loss and nearly had melt down. Your girl is adorable. I understand the excitement:)

You know I share your bird obsession. If paper or jewelery has birds on it, I must buy.

When is someone going to tell me this fab drugstore mascara????
I have to tell you that when I first glanced at that pic of your eyes, I thought "Kristin has a lazy eye?". LOL!! Damn, mascara is awesome!!!!!! ( you ARE beautiful)

Mandy said...

This is BIG news! HUGE! I love kids when they loose their teeth! They look so cute! Allison is a doll and I love the new look. So what did the tooth fairy bring her? A new dog? 100 bucks? The first one is huge!! Love the new mascara and your eye lashes! You are so lucky to have some! I need a magnify glass to find mine!!

Mandy said...

This is BIG news! HUGE! I love kids when they loose their teeth! They look so cute! Allison is a doll and I love the new look. So what did the tooth fairy bring her? A new dog? 100 bucks? The first one is huge!! Love the new mascara and your eye lashes! You are so lucky to have some! I need a magnify glass to find mine!!

Shelly said...

she is such a doll with that missing tooth. She was so proud she could not wait to tell Mackenzie, Tyler and John. Hailey whispered to me last night that the tooth fairy would be visiting Alli and that she wishes that she would lose her tooth. These kids are growing up way to fast girl!!

Christine said...

Eli just lost his first tooth and he is so excited! He actually pulled his tooth out- it was a little loose but with Eli's determination-out it came!!! Anyway, how exciting! They are growing up so fast aren't they?!?!?

The Lallo Family said...

THAT IS HUGE NEWS and I was crying just reading the post! CONGRATS on the lost tooth! I can't wait for our first loose tooth!

Stay tuned to the Lallo blog and get ready TenBrinks...we have a funny surprise just for you!!!!
Love,
Jen

Christina said...

Ahhh! congrats to Alli. I hope the tooth fairy is good to her (wink-wink), and on another note: You are going all the way to New Orleans and still not planning a trip to Texas??? Not so sure I think that's acceptable, especially when I created a blog just for you! C

hien k. d. said...

congrats on the lost tooth! very cute, i love the pictures, Kristin! :) your mascara pic made me laugh - what a difference it makes! i love mascara, too.

Lea said...

OMG girl! Shelly told me Alli lost her first tooth and I'm JUST now getting around to reading this post! I had tears well up in my eyes reading it. Not really sure why...guess I'm thinking one day I too will be seeing a little empty spot in the mouth of my baby. Thanks for sharing and Alli looks just as CUTE as can be!!