Friday, January 30, 2009

The Root of ALL Evil

OK, I gave into my son (yes, the son who looks just like his Dad and knows all he has to do is smile and tell me that he loves me and he will get what he wants), well actually Santa gave into my son and got him a DS for Christmas. It was hard, the cute boy only asked for two things for Christmas, a DS and a pair of glasses. I personally do not think a five year old needs a DS, but Isaac and his father thought differently. It was brought to my attention that it is an extremely effective "discipline tool" (thanks Jennie), so I went with that. Of course, to keep things "fair" we had to get one for Allison too. Granted, she never once asked for one, but we knew come Christmas morning she would be sad if Santa did not get her one too. So now, this is what we see EVERYDAY. He does do a pretty good job playing with other things, but uses it when he is bored and needs to "calm down". Isaac needs that. He has some problems when he is bored so I have to say for the most part it was a really good purchase. See the below pictures gets a little old, but at least they are doing it together...right?!?!?



She can't even play DS without her teddy bear blanket. I am not sure what I did to my kids to make them so insecure that they have to have teddy bear blanket, Eeyore and those STUPID thumbs!!!!

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Mandy said...

I love Allison's little feet in the pictures! I LOVE how they are posed just right! Little kids feet are so fabulous!!!

I love having a Wii so I can use it as a discipline tool. Works pretty good now! Love the pictures! You are the MOM!!!

The Lallo Family said...

AUNT KRISTIN,

Can I just say HOW MUCH I LOVE YOU!!!! :)
Thanks for being SUCH a GREAT friend! You guys need to take a family trip to Chicago so we can get the kids together sometime! We would LOVE to have you over if you are EVER AROUND!

Love,
Jen :)

jennie said...

I am looking at the same view as I type! Summer is on the DS and the littles are on leapsters!

Honestly, sometimes we just need peace, and a little screen time does the trick:)

Shelly said...

Seriously the DS has been the best investment in my house. My kids run in spurts with theirs, I personally love it because it keeps my house way more peaceful. I have been playing John's DS right along with them, I am determined to beat Isaac one of these days. Of course when we play with Alli I must let her win or there will be tears.. I sure love those kids!!