Sunday, April 20, 2008

Captain Earth



Jimmy had his first official race of the season on Saturday. I left the kids with my mom and went to do my "wife" duties. I actually had a good time, minus the fact that my husband NEVER talks to me when I am at the races. I am not really sure why I go, oh yeah, wife duties...now I remember. Anyway, I had a great time. I just kept repeating that I am a better wife at home. It gets to be a little difficult watching your husband go 120 mph around and around hoping no one hits him. And then they do...like they did on Saturday! No reason, just the thing to do while racing I guess. All in all it was ok. Everything was fixable and Jimmy finished 13th...respectable!!! I love the see the smile on my husbands face. It really does make it worth while.

To explain Captain Earth, Jimmy has a "fancy" fire suit with his compnaies logo on it (WRITE OFF!!!), so a buddy of his, I think Dirk, coined Captain Earth. For the record, Dirk is also the founder of Camp Chaos!!! Jimmy's friend Kurt designed the car and took the time to "design" a Captain Earth logo. Jimmy does not care for it, but I think it is great!!!!

One last thing, thanks again Mom for letting me be a mom and a WIFE...love ya!!!

2 comments:

Janine said...

Ok, I have to ask........Do you do your "wife duty" before or after the race? And just where do you do it? :)

jennie said...

HA! Love the comment above....(snicker) ;)