Monday, April 7, 2008

Happy 3rd Birthday Ashley

Ok, first things first, I bought a cake. So much better and worth every penny! It was good and more important, it looked good!



Ashley blowing out her candles. Don't look to close, bad Mom alert, I had two candles and had to use a tea light as my third. I had the cake, I didn't think about the candles:)! It can never just be "simple" at Camp Chaos.Happy Birthday Ashley. You are such a big girl.

From today...to three years ago. Where does the time go? My baby is now a big girl!

First "official" family photo. Ashley is about 45 minutes old and already getting use to the flash. Poor girl, had no choice! If you look close, the poor girl didn't ever get a chance to get cleaned up for her first photo op! She still has the "stuff" in her hair. I didn't care. I wanted my babies...ALL of my babies with me. Delivery was shorter but way worse! She was "sunny side up" and the epidural did not work. Back labor was awful, but it was the moment she came out, the pain just stopped! I felt like I could run a marathon. I did not get to see to twins being born. Everyone was very good about me getting to see everything. Dr. Karnes was so patient with me. He sat on the floor, while I was on the birth stool, just massaging. I never tore. Thank you Dr. Karnes!!! My husband had a cold and in the middle of a big push leaned away from me to blow his nose and I fell backwards...not good. I still bring this up to him:)!!!
As they were pulling her out, I looked down and thought, my God she is HUGE...she is going to weigh 10 pounds. She had boobes and rolls everywhere! Turns out she only weight 7 pounds 10.8 ounces. They went with 7 pounds 10 ounces as her official weight. I guess they thought 7/11 sounded like a gas station. My baby was here!!
Ashee baby...looking the same just smaller!!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Thanks for the Dora cake and the strawbeery ice cream, too!

Shelly said...

Happy 3rd Birthday Ash, I love the look on Alli's face in your family photo, she's like what the heck is going on??? Too Cute!!!

kgehle said...

Happy Birthday Ashley!!!!!

Thanks for the topic of candles!! I would have forgotten to check my supply if I wouldn't have read it here!!!!

Janine said...

Happy Birthday, Ashley, you little surprise package, you!
You and Lindsay should play sometime. I can only imagine what the two of you could cook up!! LOL!

jennie said...

Was is a scented tealight?
And I have to say that I LOVE Dr.Karnes for his "skills" I had exactly the same situation w/Summer. he wasn't my Dr. and She was 7# 10oz too! I didn't even feel like I had had a baby!
I wish YOU had made her a cake. I'm curious what you would have done w/ the Dora theme. ;)

P.S. I am leaning strongly on "Hula Girl" Its freakin cute!