Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nesting...Not just for birds and pregnant people

I am not sure if it was the long winter or what, but I am having a bad case of "nesting". NO I AM NOT PREGNANT! I am just sick and tired of clutter and dirt. I want everything clean and "new". It is my mother in me. I start one project and it looks so good, that leads to several projects (at one time) to get done. I will have to post pictures of the various projects I have started...none of them actually complete...yet!!!





I have Isaac's room basically done, just need to hang the curtains.




Just got the remaining butterflies up in the girls room, just need to clean out the closet and finish hanging the princess "things" in their bathroom.



Hallway bathroom in painted with the new shower curtain, just waiting on Jimmy to put in the new floor. Common on, the bath room is like 5x5, how hard is it?



The hallway trim and doors need a fresh coat of paint. I HATE white trim!!!!



The kitchen is almost done. That is a story in itself. It was not my intention to do the kitchen, but the stove blew up...right before the Daddy Daughter Dance and we needed a stove. The only thing that was available to take home was stainless steel. Well, I can not have some appliances stainless and some white so that led to all new appliances. Except for the microwave which I plan on purchasing once I get my rebate card from Lowe's (from the purchase of the stove and frig).



The dining room is done...I think! Maybe some accessories to brighten it up.



The mudroom...done...just needs to be cleaned.



The office/laundry room...we don't want to go there. Who has an office with a laundry room? It is not my fault I can't get this room "right".



Last weekend, I painted my shutters and all man doors...love it! Painted to floor of the porch...stupid dog scratched it up! Got 4 yards of bark all around the trees, flowers and in the burm. Basically done, just need some flowers to "pretty it up". Yes Colleen, I will out to see your husband!



The back yard is scary, the grass is not doing so good and I am trying to talk Jimmy into building a new deck. I don't even have my patio furniture out yet.



The family room is in need of trim, but we have managed for the past 3 years, but I do have an end in sight...my savior, my Dad. Yes, he is the man who can fix ANYTHING!!!



My bedroom, same as the family room...three years no trim. BUT SOON! The good news, it made changing the color of my bedroom and family room the last few months really simple!!!



I am not touching the bathroom...this is Jimmy..he wants to redo it...top to bottom...his words not mine!



There you have it...lots of projects..nothing done, but the potential to be really cool:)!

4 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

I think everyone gets that cleaning bug when spring roles around. It's a time for new and change. You sure are painting a lot. Wanna come paint my house?? I'm doing the nesting thing too but no painting. Although I've been dreaming about different colored walls in my house. Love the batman room....

Mandy said...

Wow Kristin, I am exhausted just reading this!!!! Good luck on everything...the finish product always makes you feel soo soo good!!!

Kate said...

WOW! That is a lot of projects. I feel like a slacker. I have only been planning painting, not doing it! June will be painting month around here!

jennie said...

1st, I want pics of the girls room. 2nd, I am so with you right now. I can barely sleep at night trying to plan projects for the next day. I have spent a lot of years either preggo or tied down with a nurser that this is my 1st totally free spring and Summer in a long time! Plus we have been in our houses a long time, havent we? It time for some change! Thanks for some extra motivation!