Thursday, May 29, 2008

Weekend Projects

I had a very SUCCESSFUL weekend when it came to projects. I got so much done!!! I finally got the girls' room trim and doors painted. It was a yucky cream color...gotta love spec houses neutral color! Now it is pretty white. I know, I HATE white trim, but I am not replacing all the trim and window casings with a stained wood, nor am I stripping anything. So this is lovely enough for me! I also got all of the hallway trim "repainted" and around the windows in the dining room and Isaac's room. I am not sure what the kids do, but I can not clean the dirt off, I have to paint over it! What is that all about?
I also got the outside basically done. I got the shutters, the doors, the bench, and even the cement floor of the porch painted. The pillows added some color, now I need to find something bold and red for the door. The ferns hanging do not add anything!

Still waiting on the trim for the living room and my room, I know it's coming! Beggers can't be choosers:)!!!

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Hey, did you put a butterfly on Alli's dresser? Although white isn't your favorite, doesn't it give you a warm fuzzy feeling looking at the crisp, bright white?

Kelley said...

I wish at this time of the year that I lived in Michigan so I could go camping with your famlily. It is so much fun and the kids love it. The girls room looks awesome! They are so lucky to have a Mom like you. You are just like your Mom when it comes to re-decorating, your house was the only one while growing up I could guarentee that the bathroom would be different every time that I came over! LOVE IT!