Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Lake Michigan


Posted by Picasa
I sometimes forget that I live less than 2 miles from Lake Michigan. We NEVER go there..I am not happy with my body (public), I am afraid to take the three crazies to the beach alone (what if something happens to one, what do I do with the others?) and most important, my parents have a pool. They make it too easy for me...clean, safe..help!!!
I realized over the weekend that the kids have never seen "ice bergs" on the lake. I take these things for granted, so yesterday on the way home we stopped to see the lake. BEAUTIFUL!!! I did not have my camera, only Jimmy's little one, but the pictures still turned out OK. Much prettier in real life!!!!
This year, I am making a promise to myself to enjoy the lake. Jimmy and I are on a "spending freeze" and decided to take a weeks vacation at home this summer. Enjoying the lake and Grandma's! Come on, I have to be real, we LOVE Grandma's...it is still cleaner, safer and way easier!!!

5 comments:

Lea said...

I grew up with a pool and miss it now. However, we also spent a TON of time at Lake Michigan. Honestly, there is NOTHING like it - anywhere!! The sand between your toes, the sun on your skin and the usually too cold water on your body!! People in other states would do ANYTHING to be so fortunate!! Let the kids play, let them eat sand, let them enjoy!! And you relax too mom..you're beautiful and it doesn't matter what others think. I wasted WAY too much time in those shoes..and believe me, you don't want to wear them much longer either!! :-D

Mandy said...

I guess it doesn't matter what camera you use, your pictures always turn out beautiful! Spending freeze??? That sounds too familiar, especially since our vaca to Disney World! I guess that's what we get when we let the kids get whatever they want! (I think I learned that from you!) You are so very fortunate to have your parents with a great pool! So much cleaner and a lot safer! Grandma with the pool is cool!!

Anonymous said...

Nice photos MAMA T-even though they were not taken with your "good" camera-just shows you be a "big shooter"....

Nicely done!!

Dirk

jennie said...

Last year I conquered my beach-going-alone fear. Its free, its close, and my kids totally surprised me by being normal and NOT running away, or too far,or too deep etc. The secret is to frequent the less populated areas(Duck Lake, NO Thank you!)and if you go with others who bring cameras, that they know to instantly delete any unflattering pics;)

Life is too short for body image issues and I am not going to allow that to hold me back from experiences as much I have in the past. Believe me, its a work in progress.

We will FOR SURE have some fabulous beach time this summer! Cant wait:)

Shelly said...

I agree totally with Lea, life is to short to worry so much about how we look. Its a fact that we all are getting older, we are going to gain weight, believe me I am having my own issues, but seriously don't avoid things because you are to self conscience, especially you Kristin, I think you are crazy. I agree with Jennie start off at a beach that is less populated. I have been taking my kids since they were babies, they love it. The pictures are beautiful.. Relax you are one hot Mamma!!