Thursday, March 19, 2009

Happy Birthday Babies...

My babies are officially 6 today. I am so filled with emotion. I really have no idea why I get so worked up over birthdays. I just do. I love that they are getting older and I love thinking of all that has happened in the last 6 years. Isaac woke up this morning and I was talking about what we were doing 6 years ago right at that moment. They both really love to hear the story of "them". I was telling him that we was born in the middle of the night. Allison at 12:51 and Isaac at 1:46...AGAIN, I will point out that there is 55 minutes between them...no 2nd one sliding out:)!!!!! I mentioned to Isaac that no one is allowed to mess with me in the middle of the night (yes, all motherliness leaves me from the hours of 11-7...not a good time for Kristin) and he responds with, "Why didn't you just pop us out earlier????" Excellent question, I would have loved not to be in labor with those lovely children of mine for 18+ hours. Why didn't I think of that??? Who knew I could have just popped them out on command?!?!?


Here is the first official photo of Allison Marie and Isaac James...


Allison did not want to come out of the test tube. It took them 3 times of trying to get her out (when they were placing the embryos in). We knew right then and there that "it" was a girl with an attitude. Imagine that, we were right on!!!
Isaac was active from day one, bouncing all over while Alli just was there. Again, not much has changed.


First Birthday Picture...


Allison is wearing a 6-12 month dress that is WAY to big. Isaac is in a 12-18 month shirt that he wore just for pictures...it was way too small. I love how as things change, so many things stay the same:)!


Just a cute photo for your pleasure ( 9 months)


I just love these two little people so much. Words can not express all the love I have for them. I believe everyday God had/has a plan for me and that these two little people were 100% meant for me AT THE SAME TIME!! They bring a smile to my face with the little (and the big) things that they do/are. They are bright, healthy, fun loving, lovable, exciting, fascinating, trouble-finding, GREAT kids...just to name a few.

I really do love you a little more each day. Happy 6th Birthday Allison and Isaac.

Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

jennie said...

Pure sweetness.
There is no doubt in the world that these 2 were meant for K & J.
Enjoy today, with only happy tears;)

Mandy said...

Excellent post! I love their first pictures! As with Allison and Isaac, I love hearing your "story"! I LOVE IT! This is truely a great post...and the pictures are great!! I hope you guys have a GREAT day!!

The Lallo Family said...

That post made me cry! How sweet! What little miracles and look how they have grown so far! So many many more wonderful memories to come....makes you realize just how much we have to cherish every second with our beautiful babies! HAPPY BIRTHDAY Allison and Isaac!!!!

JT said...

They are SOOOO very cute, always have been! Happy birthday Issac and Allison!

Those embryos look a lil' familiar :)

Christine said...

What a sweet post! It is so hard watching your babies grow up! Happy Birthday Isaac and Allison!!!

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

oh my... I have tears in my eyes!
So stinkin' precious... thanks for sharing those oh-so-sweet pictures.
happy, happy birthday to Alli and Issac! Celebrate!
PS - thanks for the baby card! You made me cry AGAIN!

Stefanie said...

Happy Birthday Allison & Isaac!! Such great pics!! It's amazing how much their expressions from the baby pics are the same as those today!

Shelly said...

ok I am crying now. What a great post Kristin, and I had not seen their VERY first picture, how cool! Happy Birthday Alli and Isaac, Shell-Shell love you both very much!

hien k. d. said...

love the pictures and love the post! :) happy birthday to your beautiful little ones!