Friday, March 6, 2009

Thanks Anne

For those of you who do not know, my sister is "hosting" an 80th Prom birthday party. There will be about 15 of us crazy girls dressed out to the max 80's style. I know, I know...you are all very jealous and want to come. *I know the hostess, I am sure I can get you an invite:)!

My friend Anne (who yes, STILL has all her high school dresses) was kind enough to loan we a dress to wear. In fact, she was kind enough to bring a bag full of dresses. It was easy to pick which one to wear, I could only zip up the "blue" one. The blue dress has a velvet bodice with iridescent satin body with BIG puffy sleeves and an even BIGGER bow on the butt!!! Striking really!!!

Ready for a sneak peak...not the best pictures, that would ruin the effect of the "final project"...


butt/bow view


velvet bodice view



puffy sleeve view

I even practiced my hair and make-up. It was SCARY how easy my hair went back 80's style. It took me 30 seconds and it felt like I have been doing this (with out a stop) for years!! Allison thought I looked goofy and wanted me to "comb my hair". We (Alli, Ash and I) went and put on make-up. I have not perfected that. I did not wear make-up in the 80's so I am a little lost. I will "paint" it on and all will be well!!! I went up stairs and Isaac looked at me and said, "Mom, I have never seen you look more beautiful!" Such a lover!!! I know EXACTLY what Isaac's future wife will look like. She will be short and "squatty", with LARGE boobies, fake blond hair (with a little root showing:)!) with LOTS of makeup. Yeah, he is 5 and he has a type:)!!!!
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

JT said...

Hahaha... how fun! Can't wait to see pictures of you "all dolled up"!!!

jennie said...

Wow. yep, thats a hellava dress.
But for real, your tiny waist actually makes it look good!

Theresa said...

Looks great and I cannot wait to see pictures! I also think it is funny that you have a LOVER...I've got 2 SAMMY and BENNY, he ALWAYS tells me I look beautiful! just warms my heart to think about it.

Mandy said...

Can't wait to see you and your sister all 80's out! You explaining the other night was great but the pictures of the BOW are great!! Gotta have a BIG BOW!

Christine said...

Love the dress Kristin!! Can't wait!!! I have to go today for the jewelry and makeup! I even busted out Kevin's varsity jacket to wear too! SWEET!!!

Shelly said...

can't wait to see all the pics from this big event!

hien k. d. said...

so fun, Kristin! can't wait to see the pics. ;)