Tuesday, March 18, 2008

computers suck

OK, they really don't...when they work properly. I had this great plan updating this blog with photos I had scanned into my computer (at home) and even had certain ones ready for certain days. Like today! I had a picture of my HUGE belly, a picture after they broke my water and Alli started down the birth canal and half of my stomach was still there...all Isaac. I had another one of me walking, eating ice chips, watching American Idol, WITH AN EPIDURAL...WAITING!!!! Yes, you are not suppose to be walking with an epidural, but a girls gotta to do what a girls gotta do.

Long story short, I went in the hospital 5 years ago today to have my babies. I was as big as one person could be. I should be happy that I never got a single stretch mark, but the itching was awful!!!

We went in at 6:30am. I was a 2 going in to this process. They told me that worst case scenario, I would dilate 1 cm an hour. In 8 hours this would all be over (and my babies would have a reducible birthday...right Kelley:)!) They broke my water a little before 7 and we started the process. By 9 am I was miserable and wanted to go home. I asked Jimmy very nicely, but no can do. I tried taking a bath, but nothing helped. They could not do anything until I was a 4. Finally at around 2 I got my epidural. HEAVEN!!!!

That was the good, the bad is everything basically stopped. We walked, and walked, and walked. I even met a new friend, Ericka (as discussed in an earlier post), but nothing! I felt to much pressure and sent everyone home.

Finally at around 11pm, I felt this "poking" feeling, they checked me and I was a 9. I went from a 4 to a 9 in 1/2 hour, but it took me 16 hours to get to this point. So much for 8 hours. I was informed that this "poking" feeling was Alli's head. We were off to the OR. I wanted to walk, but they would not let me. Everything had to be by the book. I have to say, I had a great experience. Everyone was great. Jimmy and my mom went to get their smurf outfits on, and I was wheeled into the OR. There were so many people. I had 3 doctors and a couple of nurses for just me. The babies had a doctor and nurse each as well. People just kept coming in and introducing themselves. (If my computer would work, I would post a photo of all the people.) I looked at the clock it was 11:23. I was so going to have twins on separate days. How perfect, they could have their own birthday.
No such luck! Twelve am came and went with out a baby! Trust me, I pushed as hard as I could to get that one out, BUT NOTHING!

No comments: