Sunday, March 23, 2008

Happy Easter!




It is funny. I think I have become more of a "spiritual" person in the last 6 months reading blogs. I mean I have always believed in God and know without a doubt that He exists. I also know that He is there when you need Him the most (whether you realize He is there or not, He is), but I have come across a few blogs that I stalk on a regular basis that have the most amazing people "behind" them. People who are facing some of life's most horrible circumstances, yet are coming through it with such grace and beauty. NEVER doubting God. Their faith is amazing...almost addicting. It makes me want to be a better person, better wife, better mother, better friend, better christian. I hope I can take a small fraction of their faith and use it in my own life. I think today, more than any other day, is a day to recognize that there is a God and to understand that he suffered for us. I can tell you right now, if someone said that one of my children had to die a horrible death for the fate of the world to continue, my responce would be "SORRY ABOUT THE WORLD...I DON'T THINK SO!!!" Seriously, I never really understood the "importance" of that until I had children. A parents job is to protect them, to have to make that kind of sacrifice...I don't know... I hope I can be remember this today and be just a little bit better. Nothing great, but a little better. Knowing that life is not always what you "want" it to be, but really it is so much better!!!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Jodi said...

God bless it, I love that little red headed boy! He's absolutely yummy! Just look at him...I'd ruin a perfectly good diet for him ANY day!