Saturday, September 27, 2008

Anticipation...Is Making Me Wait

You know like the song! So, it is 9:18 am and I am OK. But there is a story, isn't there always a story with Kristin:)! Here it is....
I call Shelly to tell her that I am picking the kids up a little early. I did not want Alli to be late for her very first party. I asked if she was "clean"...that is another story for another day...yes, yet another of Kristin's crazy issues...germs/bugs/dirt! So I pick her up, clean, when Shelly says she has a little dirt in her hair from playing outside. Yes, I do allow that...playing outside, not the dirt in the hair:)! I do not keep them in a bubble (thought I would like to) even on party days!!! As I look further, there is quite a bit of dirt and I start to panic. So I asked Shelly to please forgive my craziness and ask if I can wash her hair before the party. I could not have her going with dirt in her hair, nor did I want the dirt there over night. She laughed and understood! So it's 5:15 when we arrive at the house...late!!! I grab the sleeping bag and pillow, Allison has her teddy bear blanket and present. Back up, all the way there we are going over the "rules" of staying...because she STILL wants to stay...follow the rules, use your manors, DON'T suck your thumb, say please and thank you, no crying...you know the RULES. So we go to the door and knock. I think someone says come in. Remember, I have never been to this house, I do know the girl and the mom, but not "like that". I open the door and say "I think someone said to come in I am not trying to just walk in your house!" Tammy comes up the stairs (through silver streamers I might add) which were right next to the door and has this dumbfounded look on her face. I tell her how sorry that I am that we are a little late, I get out of work at 5 and even left a little early, but had to deal with some things, but we are here...she smiles and says "I am glad that you are here Alli, but THE PARTY IS TOMORROW!!!!!!"

What? Nothing like feeling like an absolute butt head! Who does that? Oh yeah, this is so CLASSIC KRISTIN!!!! Of course, Allison starts to cry because she thinks she is not welcome to stay. Tammy (the mom) is nice enough to let her get a "sneak peek" at the decorating downstairs that they were STILL working on. Totally cool...Hannah Montana would be so proud. Lights, a stage, Cd's hanging from the ceiling and there was still more to go...love it!

So Allison is still home with me and I get to do it all over again in a few hours. Nothing like a trial run to get the mom OK with everything...right? I know, I know, only Kristin!!!

Wish me luck...AGAIN!!!

7 comments:

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

oh kristin... that made my day. I can totally picture this scene. Poor Alli, but kudos to the host mom for preventing a breakdown. But, you know, I think that happened for a reason to give you insight and to ease your mind with everything, and you were able to spend a few minutes seeing Alli in the element - and hopefully in a way that eased your mind a bit so tonight/tomorrow won't be so hard on you. Now, I have the feeling that Alli's excitement today (building as party time nears) and being able to spend the day with her will make it a bit easier on you...maybe that was God's plan -

Shelly said...

I hope things are going well for both of you tonight, I can't wait to hear how she did. Mackenzie is yet to get invited to a sleep over but I am sure it is coming... Good luck!!!

Mandy said...

OH Kristin! I am laughing so hard! Now I know why you and Jennie (sorry Jenn) are such great friends..did this happen to her a few months ago?!? I LOVE IT! I know my day is probably coming, but right now I am enjoying this so much! You really made me laugh! Are you writing all this down???? You will have a great book to publish one day!!

Mandy said...

I am still Laughing!

Theresa said...

That is SO FUNNY!!! I have NEVER done that, but wouldn't be suprised if I did (still might someday!) But if (WHEN) I do, I will have the ease of knowning I am not the only one!!!! Luck with the sleepover! I am sure Alli will have a BLAST!

Jodi said...

Well, at least you know that Anticipation isn't making you LATE!! I'd say you were a bit too early on this one!! You should probably find a new song. :)

jennie said...

Yep, It happened to us. That mom was still in her PJs and the daughter was not even home...

OYE...I feel ya sister!