Thursday, September 18, 2008

Life

Sorry, again no pictures. I keep forgetting to grab my camera. I actually took several pictures this morning knowing that I needed to update the ol' blog. Of course, I am not sure if anyone is reading this anymore or if they are to busy experiencing life. I for one have been very busy doing nothing, but busy none the less. I am not sure what consumes my time...oh yeah, Alli, Isaac, Ash, James...need I go on?!?

We are all still here. Doing rather well. Alli got invited to her very first birthday party...and it's a sleep over. A SLEEPOVER AT 5!!!! Who knew? I am being classic Kristin, worrying about my kids growing up and having to let them go. It is so hard. I know they have to, but to actually let them do it...a totally different animal. She is thrilled about going to her Hannah Montana party and getting to bring her pj's. Isaac was a little sad that he couldn't go. I explained that it was only for girls and he would be invited to a boys only party when the time came. Ash piped in "I'm a girl, I want to go!" I quickly had to change my answer to 5 year old kindergarten girls are the only ones going. Kids, they are always thinking!!!!

Ash is going through a thing at preschool. She went the first two weeks with no crying and now she can't stop. It is heart breaking. She told me on Tuesday she had to cry because that is what everyone else does there...nice! Today she just was upset. I felt horrible leaving her, but I did it. Mrs. Simon told me she was proud of me, that helped. I am NOT one of those mom's that has to hover over her child. I know she is safe and she LOVES preschool when I pick her up. She is ALL smiles and singing her song with motions. Some kids get intimidated when their parent's arrive and stop, not Ash, she gets better!!! I just wish she had that some love in the morning. I am tired of mom's looking me. I get a little worked up over these kinds of things.

Isaac is doing well. I spends his evening riding her 4-wheeler in Aunt Jodi's pond with his Dad. They are such boys!!! He (and Alli) have gotten in trouble at school, numerous times I guess. I got this info after the numerous times in my defense! I guess the kids are "to familiar" with each other and it is affecting their (and the other kids) learning. I had been questioning whether or not to put them in the same class together. I went back and forth on the issue. Jimmy said WITHOUT A DOUBT put them together. So I did. I must admit, it is easier for me. One teacher, one set of rules, one "thing learned", ONE PARTY OR FIELD TRIP at a time...Jimmy works in GR...I am only one person!!!! Alli informed me this morning that "everyone at school has a bubble around them and you can not get to close and break their bubble 'cause once it's broke, it won't grow back" I Love Mrs. Johnson! she really is a great teacher and the kids love her too. I threatened them and told them if they so much as talked to each other, one of them would have to get a new teacher. I know, not nice, but if you are nice, they don't listen! Trust me!!! They promised...we will see. I do have to note that I have dropped them off the last 2 days kissing them outside and they walked rest of the way into the building by themselves. Today, they never even turned around to say bye again. Two days ago, I had to go in, hold the door, help them with their back packs. Two days ago...what is this...grown up kids are tough on the mom!!!!

Quick update on James, be "re bought" his building on Roger B, I will have to post a photo...it really is a great building. He (and Dave) have been working with a contractor to redesign the interior prior to him moving in in December. In case you were wondering what "re bought" was, they refinanced for a TON better rate!!! He is also been extremely busy with salt sales. Yes, salt sales in September. Mark my words, there will be a shortage of salt this winter. Be very careful walking in parking lots. Bulk salt went from $40 a ton to $105. Got to love inflation!! He has sold out of his 15000 tons so I guess all is well...for the moment...

There you go an update of the TenBrink's....life...it's always happening!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

Oh, so you have the naughty kids in school! You're one of those...I really don't think I got in trouble for talking until I was in first grade!! :) Only be concerned if you find out your kids' desks have been moved next to the teacher's!!

Mandy said...

Sounds like everyone is doing great in school! Don't worry about the twins too much until the teacher actually puts your number on speed dial..then you have to worry. As for Ashley, she is doing great and nobody is even batting an eye at you! She is so funny to watch in class...so chipper just like her mommy. Psst...someone peed their pants! I am still laughing about that one! Kids remember the important things in life....

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

I so know what you are feeling about the kids needing you one day and not so much the next, it's tough but it will get a bit easier to except with time. I still have trouble letting Tyler do so much for himself. No one ever said this parenting thing was easy. Ash is just going through a phase, she probably seen to many of the other kids crying the first couple weeks and thought "hmm maybe I will try a bit of this myself" she will be fine and so will you..

jennie said...

There are brother and sister twins in Summer's class and they are fine(in the 2nd grade) I am sure that with time A & I will chill.

I was thinking poor Ash, but really poor you. She's fine, you are the one who has to deal with her tears the entire time she's in class having fun!

Sleepover in Kindergarten? Wow! Summer goes to a lot of parties, but still no sleepovers yet. Those are some very brave parents. I'm like two hours and ya'll gotta go...