Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Toe Jam and Butter"

It is funny to me how different kids can be. I picked the big kids up from preschool for the past two years wanting to know every detail of the day. I would always ask them questions and would get one word answers. I believed the word "played" was basically the buzz word to answer all questions!

Ashley is a different story. I pick her up from preschool and she gets a big smile on her face and says "Mom, you are here!" I am not sure where else I would be...I am not going to leave her there. Oh wait, I do threaten to leave her a lot so maybe she is actually listening to me...who knew...her ears really do work :)!

I pick her up from school yesterday and she starts telling me all about her day, from painting with blue paint, to playing outside, to ringing the bell, to playing with Sheldin's sister (poor Samantha, she has a name!), to eating toe jam (is that even a word?) with butter on it. Wait, what was that???? I am searching my brain database of words that sound like toe jam. I know that they are eating fruit right now and can not figure out what fruit sounds like toe jam. I ask her if she means toast. "Yeah, toe jam with butter". Come to find out TOASTED English muffins with blueberry JAM equals toe jam with butter on it!!!

Did I tell everyone how much I LOVE being a mom to these crazy kids? They do make me smile!!!! Toe jam and all!!!!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

love it!!!

Kelley said...

I so love to hear your stories. They are just wonderful, inocent kids!

jennie said...

I think I'll pass on the Toe Jam, thank you very much...;)

Jodi said...

What is your family's fascination with toe jam, anyway?? Ew, just gross!!

kgehle said...

It's funny how they hear one thing and 'interpret' so completely different. I have a book to write down all Braydens'interpretations' and funny sayings....and have I entered one???? NO! Gotta get on that. Toe jam would be a good one for you!