Monday, September 29, 2008

Love Comes in All Shapes and Sizes


About two weeks ago, a friend from high school (and before!) emailed me that she started a blog for her daughter Emerson, Hi Stef...the blog is great!!! Anyway, I have a tendency to "stalk" other people I find on other blogs. Comments are a great place to "see" if someone might be interesting!!! To be fair, I don't "stalk" anymore, I leave comments when I read a blog. I am not a creepy stalker, I let people know that I am stalking them:)! Again, I digress. On Stef's comment page, I found Hien, another girl I went to school with. I tell this story because Hien had a wonderful blog about good old fashion mail. Mail that has been specifically got/sent just for you. You entered somebodies thoughts and they cared enough about you to write a card, put a stamp on it, bring it to the mail box in hopes of nothing more that to let you know you are thinking of them. How cool is that? I am HORRIBLE with cards. I love the computer, email and blog comment are how I keep in touch, but sometimes (most times!) who doesn't like to just be thought of...open their mailbox and find something other than a bill and junk mail?!?!?

So I would like to thank my friend Jen for such a wonderful card and thank you for the nice thoughts. It brought a smile to my face more than you know! It is nice to know I have good friends who care and think about me. And to all of you reading this PLEASE know I care and think about you...I am just LAZY, but I am going to work on that. Jen, you have inspired me. I think I will pay it forward (and backwards, I will get you when you least expect it:)!) and start to send just a simple card here and there to let people know I care. Watch out!!!!

One last note, please notice how pretty the writing is. She is so talented. To check out other cool things that she has done go to www.gracefulexpressionsdesign.blogspot.com . I sure hope Jen doesn't mind that I did that:)! She really does do nice job!!!!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

jennie said...

Jenn's ben a busy girl, I got one too!

Made my day:)

And yep, email and blogging is easier...but happy mail can make a bad day turn around!

Theresa said...

I LOVE SNAIL MAIL (from friends only OF COURSE, not the JUNK AND BILLS!) In fact today I received and UNEXPECTED package, with an organizer from a friend, (AWSOME!!!)!!! Matt said, what did you order? I told him nothing, but when I looked at my name written out, I immediately knew who it was from!!! made my DAY! Thanks for the post Kristin!

Not your Happily Ever After said...

It's so fun receiving real mail from friends or even people you haven't talked to in a long time. It let's you know they are thinking about you. It's definitely a long lost art.