Friday, September 26, 2008

My Baby



I guess to be fair, she WILL always be my baby, but after tonight, she is going to be my BIG GIRL!!! She (in about 1 hour 45 minutes...but no one is counting!) will be going to her very first birthday party and sleepover. I am the bad mom who does not want her to stay, but (so far) I have done a good job not voicing this. She wants to stay and I want her to be happy. It does not make it ANY easier on me. This letting your kids grow up and make their own decisions (to some degree!) is not something that I think is going to get an easier. Who knew this mom thing was going to be so hard/heart breaking/rewarding/fun/challenging all at the same time?
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Jodi said...

Good for you. I think there is still time for you to change your mind. :)JK!! Just remember that you'll be more sad than she ever will be and that really should, in a strange way, give you comfort. Tomorrow she will come home and tell you about her (first of many) best time ever. You'll talk about it and make another new kind of bond. It is a special time for both of you...just look at it that way.

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

okay, by now she has been gone a few hours...are you hanging in there? Think of this as some great quality time with the other two, and Jimmy...tomorrow morning will be here before you know it.
Have you by chance called your mom to see what she remembers from your first sleepover? Maybe that will help...journal this for her baby book/scrapbook!