Monday, October 6, 2008

Sponge Bob

I don't have a favorite, OK, yes I do, but it does vary ALL the time. It is never the same kid two days in a row. Generally, it is not the same kid two hours in a row. They are all so different, great in their own way...and SO NAUGHTY in their own way!!!

Alli (this does not make her my favorite by the way;)!) is my artist. She LOVES to draw. Her most recent artwork were the characters of Sponge Bob.



Sponge Bob with his bucket of water, mop, and spatula. Someone needs to teach him a thing or two about good hygiene.




Gary the snail




Mr. Crab eating an ice cream cone




Squidword (not sure of the spelling of this)..."Mom see his Nose and suction cups!"

Plankton (not sure of the spelling on this one either!).

Patrick, the starfish.

Proof that kids GROW UP WAY TO FAST! I saw the picture below sitting on the table this morning. I responded with Alli, you wrote all of your ABC's. She said "Yes, and the song too!"


So she did (in her own way). Below the alphabet is the first letter to all the words of the song
Now I Know My ABC's Next Time Won't You Sing With Me

Thank you Mrs. Johnson for teaching the kids so much stuff in just one short month. She is sounding EVERYTHING out~not her fault that know starts with a "k". We will let that one go:)!

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Not your Happily Ever After said...

Love the pictures Alli :)

Anonymous said...

im here because of few cents for you. just dropping by.

Shelly said...

I love all of Alli's drawings, she is such a special girl, my sponge bob picture is hanging on my door and I have been saving many of her cards that she makes for me every day.

Shelly said...

I love all of Alli's drawings, she is such a special girl, my sponge bob picture is hanging on my door and I have been saving many of her cards that she makes for me every day.

Jennifer Witham Buck / Graceful Expressions said...

so precious... I love kid's drawings! Everytime I see Emma she has a new drawing for me, anytime I come over it is "art time". It is awesome that you are taking pictures of them to save them - my mom did the same thing with some of mine when I was little and I love seeing my handwriting and what I was "into" at the time - usually involved rainbows! Gotta love crayolas. So creative... love it!

jennie said...

Holy AWESOME!

I know I dont have to tell you, but nurture this love of art! Seriously, thats all it takes,and she will have this part of her no matter what she decides to do with her life. Art is such a great form of expression, and I think a lot of parents dont encourage it enough, pushing sports and academics instead. She is only 5, and that is some great work! Wow!

Stefanie said...

I completely agree with Jennie! I am amazed at what great drawings for 5 years old! Okay, is Sponge Bob still "popular" with kids? I'm SO not in the loop on these things! I can only imagine what goofy things Em will be in to in the coming years!

Jodi said...

Ah, you took pictures of the drawings...it is a good first step. Remember, you can do this so that you don't have to save EVERY SINGLE PIECE oF ART your children make you in their lifetimes. I know it is special, but it all will be and you'll someday have to do something with it all! :)