Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Field Museum

The Field Museum was very interesting. I have to say that I have been "Disneyfied". I love Disney and they have spoiled me. For example, we walked through a desert exhibit and I was expecting it to get hot and dry in there...no such luck!!! At Disney, that would have happened. It is hard to go back to real life:)!!!

 


Outside the Field Museum. The building (actually, all of them in Chicago) are FABULOUS!!!

 


I LOVE this picture of Isaac. Downstairs, they had a play area for the kids. Everything was hands on touch..touch...touch! A nice change of pace being there is nothing to touch in the museum. Well, that is not entirely true. We were in the "gem room". HUGE diamonds, rubies, emeralds, and LOTS of others...motion detectors on...when my two BIG children look at each other...I am watching this whole thing play out in slow motion...they precede to tackle each other. Yes, in fact, my daughter started the whole thing. There they are rolling around like a couple of crazy children. I did not deal with that one so well. I picked them up by their arms and we preceded to discuss why we do not act like that in public...especially in a museum.

 


Sue...and my kids attempt to get their picture taken. Again, having issues with a three year old!!!!

 


Little did I know that when I took this picture that this head isn't even real. I learned later on (upstairs) that Sue's head weighed over 600 pounds and wouldn't stay up...so they put a fake one on the body. See, I did pay attention...even if my kids were having wrestle mania!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Shelly said...

looks like you guys had a wonderful time. The kids have been telling me all about it. Great pictures as always.

Jodi said...

Seriously...I love that little boy! He melts my heart...even if he is a bit nerdy at times!