Thursday, July 17, 2008

Help Needed

Ok, so last month Jimmy and I went away for 4 days to the races and last week we went to Nashville for the week...all without our kids. So it is only fair that we go somewhere with the kids!!! We are heading out to Chicago next week. We are taking the train and staying the the Embassy Suites downtown. I got the Go Chicago card which basically gets you into everything in Chicago. Now the help, what of the hundred+ things to do should we do? Any good restaurants we should go to? Something I just have to do while there??? Please help! I know, it's sad, but I have only been to Chicago (downtown) once, in 10th grade for german club. I need info!!!! I know we are for sure going to the musuem one dya, aquarium one day, and Navy Pier one day. I don't want a "schedule", but an idea would be nice. I am trying to break the "having to be in control Kristin". It's tough!! Any help would be great~thanks!!!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

If you already know you have plans to do 3 different, very big, things, what else is there? You've got 3 days to do it all in! I say go with what comes at you and don't stress!

The Lallo Family said...

Lincoln Park Zoo is free (except parking is like $15) and really nice. Gino's East is awesome - Deep Dish Pizza (bring Sharpies cuz you can write on the walls). Hancock Observatory is spectacular and Six Flags is 45 minutes north. Jen loves Chicago.

Shelly said...

My sister went to the Lincoln Park Zoo also and she said it was lots of fun... Hope you all have tons of fun...

Kelley said...

I don't think that Navy Pier will take you all day. Just so you know. I went to a great Italian Rest off the beaten path but it was awesome! I will find the name for you. The Aquarium is AWESOME!

jennie said...

I agree with Jodi. My experience in Downtown is strictly shopping and art. Leave yourself time for exploring, stop places that catch your eye. And as a mother of 2 girls, I have(of course!) been to the American Girl Place and it was lovely(you'll just need to take out a 2nd mortgage on your house)Cant wait to hear more about your adventure!!